20 Minute Skillet Blackened Shrimp Fajitas are such an easy and flavorful meal packed with blackened shrimp, peppers and onion. This classic meal is perfect served up in tortillas with avocado and chopped cilantro!
My life is all about the easy meals lately. Actually with four kids I think it has always been about the easy meals! ? But I love how you can make an amazing dinner that doesn’t require a lot of work and effort and is packed with so much flavor. Fajitas are such a classic meal that are easy to make. You just can’t beat dinner on the table in just 20 minutes!
I used my favorite spice blend for fajitas on the shrimp. It adds so much flavor and blackens the shrimp as it cooks. I also love that this all cooks in one skillet making clean up such a breeze!
I served up my fajitas in tortillas with avocado and chopped cilantro. These are so flavorful from the spice blend that they don’t require a lot. They create such a simple meal that you will put on repeat especially on busy nights!
20 Minute Skillet Blackened Shrimp Fajitas
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1 medium sized onion sliced
- optional toppings: avocado chopped cilantro, sour cream
- In a large bowl add the shrimp, chili powder, paprika, onion powder, cumin, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a medium sized skillet over medium high heat, add 1 Tablespoon olive oil, bell peppers, and onion. Saute until tender about 5-7 minutes. Slide to the side of the skillet
- Add 1 Tablespoon olive oil and shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Serve in tortillas with optional toppings.