Breakfast Tacos. A breakfast staple in Texas restaurants easily made at home! Tortillas layered with potatoes, crispy bacon, soft scrambled eggs and all the toppings! Filling and flavorful these tacos are the BEST way to start the day.
Hey everyone! It’s Serene from House of Yumm back today to share one of my families favorite breakfasts! These are perfect for our large family because they’re so filling and it’s easy to adjust the recipe up or down to make the amount needed.
What is in breakfast tacos?
Breakfast tacos are the go to here in Texas. When our family comes to visit there’s two things they want to get their hands on. Smoked Brisket. And some breakfast tacos. The best breakfast tacos are the simplest.
Warm tortillas filled with soft scrambled eggs, crisp bacon and potatoes are my favorite. Then the toppings take things over the top. Tons of cilantro, fresh tomatoes, some homemade salsa and lots of cheese.
Some other popular fillings would include sausage or chorizo.
How do you make breakfast tacos?
These breakfast tacos are super simple to put together. We just have to cook all the individual parts. But they all come together easily with little fuss or prep needed. To save time with the potatoes pre-cut and frozen potatoes work well. And while cooking the potatoes and the bacon the eggs can be scrambled.
Also, make sure the tortillas are heated! Flour tortillas are best for breakfast tacos. Just spray a large pan with non stick spray and toss the tortillas in and let them heat and crisp prior to adding the filling.
More taco recipes to enjoy:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb diced russet potatoes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 6 slices of bacon
- 6 flour tortillas
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Grape tomatoes sliced
- Cilantro diced
- Heat a large skillet with the olive oil over medium heat. Add in the diced potato, add the salt and paprika. Stir to combine. Allow to cook for about 8-10 minutes (stirring only a few times to prevent sticking but allowing them to get crispy) until the potatoes are softened and slightly crispy on the outside. Remove the potatoes to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet add the bacon and allow to cook for about 5-7 minutes until crispy. Remove to a plate and dry with paper towels. Cut slices in half.
- In a medium size bowl beat the eggs with the milk and mix in the salt and pepper.
- Spray a small skillet with non-stick spray. Pour in the egg mixture. Stir occasionally while the eggs cook to scramble them.
- Layer the tortillas with the breakfast potatoes, bacon and scrambled eggs. Top with any additional toppings. Serve warm and enjoy.