Denver Omelet Breakfast Muffins are such a great breakfast and perfect for making ahead or on the go! Loaded with Peppers, onions, ham and ooey gooey cheese, these will become a favorite!
We are reaching that time of year where we are getting spring fever and ready for the summer break. School is getting closer to being out and kids are getting up later and later for school and running out the door. A good hearty breakfast is getting harder and harder to come by these days. My kids come home starving from school.
Since one of our favorite breakfasts to make on the blog is this Oven Baked Denver Omelet, I decided to turn it into these easy to make muffins that can last all week long. You just pop them into the microwave and reheat and have a delicious breakfast ready to run out the door.
Since we have our eggs delivered to us each week, they were starting to pile up in the fridge. I was finally able to start using up some of those eggs and this breakfast was a great solution! They are totally customizable to your families taste but we love the simplicity of peppers, onions, and ham. They are packed with flavor and the ooey gooey cheese inside is delish!
These are the absolute perfect make ahead breakfast muffins for you or your kiddos on the go! Packed with protein these hearty Denver omelet breakfast muffins are going to become a family favorite!
Denver Omelet Breakfast Muffins
- ½ cup onion chopped
- 1 cup green pepper chopped
- 1 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup half and half cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Sliced green onion for garnish (or you can add it in.)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a 12 muffin pan. Divide the onion, green pepper, and ham evenly over the 12 muffin tins. Add the cheddar cheese evenly on the top.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk the eggs, half and half, salt and pepper. Pour over the top of the cheese and fill the liner until almost full.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until set. Remove and serve warm or let cool and store in the refrigerator or freezer. Reheat from fridge for about 30 seconds or frozen for about 1 minute or until heated through.