This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
A lightened up garlic alfredo sauce that is delicious and creamy and coats the pasta perfectly! Half of the calories and you won’t even be able to tell!
Carbs. Oh man. Carbs are my WEAKNESS. When I am trying to watch what I eat, chocolate and sweets do not tempt me at all. Its the carbs. I dream all day of a big bowl of pasta and carbs sitting right in front of me. Along with a couple of slices of warm bread. I just love my carbs.
Well stuffing your face with carbs is not the best way of losing weight. And because I count macros, I can only can have 40% in my diet to reach my daily goal. So I decided to take my favorite alfredo sauce and change the ingredients and combine it with whole wheat pasta.
This alfredo sauce is the best out there. I changed out some of the ingredients to reduce calories and used low fat milk and reduced fat cream cheese. I was able to cut the calories in half and it was absolutely amazing!
This is just one of the recipes that you will want to continue making though out the year. I am such a huge believer in keeping things delicious but swapping out for healthier ingredients to keep your goals throughout the year practical and achievable.
And I still gotta have my carbs. My reward meal each week usually consists of going with the family to the spaghetti factory and loading up on their famous Brown Butter Mazithra Cheese Spaghetti.
This is a meal that the entire family is going to love. It comes together easily and is ready to go onto the dinner table in just about 30 minutes!
Watch a video on how to make Skinny Fettuccini Garlic Alfredo here:
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Skinny Fettuccini Garlic Alfredo
- 12 ounce whole wheat fettuchini pasta
- In a large pot cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain well and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the minced garlics and saute for a couple of minutes until tender. Add the flour and whisk until it is starting to brown. Slowly whisk in the milk and add the cream cheese, garlic powder, italian seasoning, and salt and pepper.
- Continue to whisk until the cream cheese has melted and the sauce is starting to thicken. Add in the grated parmesan cheese and continue to cook for a few minutes.
- Stir in pasta and toss to combine. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.