Creamy Garlic Shrimp Alfredo Pasta is such a classic meal that is brought to its BEST with Shrimp. This meal takes little effort and is so creamy and delicious the entire family will go crazy for!
This Homemade Alfredo Sauce is one of the top recipes on the blog. We make so many delicious recipes with this sauce including, Chicken Alfredo Roll Ups. Serve it with some homemade garlic bread to complete your meal!
Shrimp Alfredo Pasta
We make Alfredo Pasta every single week at our house. It is one thing that I can count on my kids eating every week. My eleven year old son actually makes it for us and has it memorized. I am always trying to figure out different pasta to serve it with and different proteins to add into it. And this shrimp Alfredo Pasta was a sure hit! I absolutely loved the hidden creamy shrimp in the pasta. I promise you this Alfredo Sauce will be the creamiest and best that you ever eat! You will make it again and again!
How do I Devein Shrimp?
Peeling and Deveining Shrimp can sound very intimidating, but can actually be very simple. Start with the bottom of the Shrimp where the legs are. Stretch the Shrimp to more of a straight position and lightly pull the shell outwards from the legs. After it’s peeled, to Devein the shrimp make a shallow slit down the back of the Shrimp where you see a black looking line. After the slit lightly stick your knife under the vein and gently pull out and simply wipe on a paper towel.
How to make Creamy Garlic Shrimp Alfredo
- In a medium sized skillet over medium-high heat, add shrimp and olive oil. Cook the shrimp 2-3 minutes until they are cooked throughout and opaque. When Finished remove the shrimp and set aside on a plate.
- In a large pot bring water to a boil and add the Fettuccini and cook until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, prepare your Alfredo sauce. Add butter, heavy whipping cream, and cream cheese. Cook over medium heat and whisk until melted. Add the minced garlic, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Continue to whisk until smooth. Add the grated Parmesan cheese and let simmer until it starts to thicken. Add shrimp and pasta to the sauce and toss to coat.
The best thing about meals like this one, is that it’s so family friendly. Kids have a heard time being picky with it because there isn’t anything not to love. It’s also a meal that you can dress up with some more elegant sides for a romantic dinner with someone special. Try sides like these Cheesy Cheddar Garlic Breadsticks and Roasted Lemon Parmesan Garlic Asparagus. Both of these sides are family friendly as well, and fit in to any occasion.
Creamy Garlic Shrimp Alfredo Pasta
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 16 ounce fettuccini noodles
- ½ cup butter
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream 2 cups
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a medium sized skillet over medium high heat add shrimp and olive oil. Cook the shrimp 2-3 minutes until they are cooked throughout and opaque. Remove the shrimp and set aside on a plate.
- In a large pot bring water to a boil and add the fettuccini and cook until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, prepare your Alfredo sauce. Add butter, heavy whipping cream, and cream cheese. Cook over medium heat and whisk until melted. Add the minced garlic, garlic powder, italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Continue to whisk until smooth. Add the grated parmesan cheese and let simmer until it starts to thicken. Add shrimp and pasta to the sauce and toss to coat.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Absolutely delicious! Have made this dish a couple of times-although cut in half for only two. Thank you for sharing!
Hi Alyssa I will try this recipe. My husband would love this as he loves pasta. Looks easy, simple, and good. Thank you for your recipes. Jackie.
Oh – and all I had were rice noodles. Still delicious!
Oh my goodness! I just made this and it is delicious! I had to sub milk for cream, and I added just a pinch of lemon peel. I will definitely be making this again. Thank you so much for posting this!
Tried the recipe.
It’s so easy and so yummy.
All my neighbors loved it and so did my wife 😊
Thanks a lot for such a great recipe. It’s detailed and very quick to make.
Can’t wait to try more recipes.
You’re welcome! I’m so glad you loved it!
Good. For once a year. Extremely rich & deadent.
Save pasta water to thin. And I added a bit of red pepper. Overall a solid recipe.
Made I tonight! Excellent & easy.
Just made this recipe tonight! It’s very simple to make…ingredients are spot on!
I did add a tad more garlic but everything else was the same. Both my husband and I say “delicious”! Paired with salad and breadsticks! Very, very satisfying!
Hey I just tried this it came out great. My daughter loved it. I did add mushrooms though. Thanks again. Saving this pin for sure!
Absolutely delicious! One of my families favorite. Easy to make and a great recipe. Thank you! Lori
I made this tonight and found the alfredo sauce very thick is there a way to thin it down other wise loved it.
This was excellent. No cream cheese and used havarti instead. Replaced 1 cup of the cream with milk. Followed the recipe apart from those substitutions. It was excellent!
This like my recipe, except I also add broccoli. It’s very good. I was looking fir a recipe because I hadn’t made it in a long time. Very good. Making it today