My boys love homemade pizza nights. In fact, they beg me to make it for them instead of ordering a pizza. But I really can’t complain. I absolutely love this dough recipe. It is so quick and easy and perfect for beginners. It only requires 20 minutes of rest time and it is in and out of the oven in no time at all!
And let’s be honest. A hot and cheesy right out of the oven homemade pizza is the best. My family absolutely loves it! But they also love cheesesticks as well. So I quickly made some of these cheesy cheddar garlic breadsticks and they instantly fell in love! These are so good that you can’t stop eating them. They go perfect with a pizza or even made a great appetizer! And because they are made with such a quick and easy dough, you have no excuse not to make them. You are going to love them as much as we did!
- Dough Recipe:
- 1½ cups warm water
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. yeast
- 3½ cups flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- Garlic Cheddar Topping:
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups Shredded cheddar Cheese
- 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley for garnish
- To make the dough: Mix warm water, sugar and yeast together. Let that sit for 5 minutes.
- Add flour and salt to the water, sugar, and yeast. Mix this until smooth and let it raise for 10 minutes. I used my kitchenaid mixer with the dough hook and it was so easy and worked great!
- Roll the dough into a large rectangle on a large cookie sheet, or roll it out onto a 10 inch pizza pan about ¼ inch thick. Let the dough rest for another 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Melt the butter, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Brush on top of the pizza dough. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, and parmesan. Top with chopped parsley.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until golden brown and the cheese is bubbly. Remove from oven and cut into strips.