Perfect air fryer salmon nestled in a bowl of Asian-inspired ingredients. The fluffy rice topped with fresh vegetables and a sriracha mayonnaise creates this delicious salmon rice bowl that will become your new favorite!
I love creating meals that are served all in one bowl. It’s a unique way to switch up your meal plan and allows everyone to pick and choose what they want to add to their meal. My website has a lot of bowl ideas that you should give a try, like my most popular bowl recipe, my fresh poke bowl, or this delicious bowl that is packed with flavor!
What Is a Salmon Rice Bowl?
If you’re looking for a new way to serve your salmon, you’re going to want to make this salmon rice bowl. It reminds me of the flavors you would find in a sushi roll. Rice, fish, fresh veggies, spicy mayonnaise, and soy sauce all together in one big happy family. The best part about it is that it’s SO much easier to make than your own sushi rolls.
It can be even easier if you have leftover salmon from a previous meal like my air fryer salmon or this Asian salmon. Just keep some for lunch the next day and then make this bowl! In fact, you can also use leftover rice making this bowl that much quicker to throw together. I had to share this recipe because it’s so delicious and versatile. You are going to love it!
What Ingredients Are In A Salmon Rice Bowl?
As I said before, these salmon rice bowls are fresh and easy and come together so fast. Follow my instructions on the recipe card and you’ll be able to assemble these bowls in no time at all! Your family will be blown away at how good they are.
- Salmon: Fresh salmon is best! 4 ounces of a fresh salmon filet per person.
- Salt & Pepper: To season the salmon before cooking.
- Onion Powder: Helps flavor the salmon!
- Rice: Any rice works! White rice, brown rice, sushi rice, jasmine rice, basmati rice, and even quinoa would work.
- Avocado: Nothing beats a fresh avocado to complement the Asian flavors of a meal!
- Carrots: Shredded carrots are perfect for a bowl, and you find them pre-shredded at the grocery store.
- Cucumbers: I love mini cucumbers in this recipe because they are perfectly bite-sized for a bowl.
- Edamame: I love the added flavor and texture of edamame! It’s also a healthy addition of fiber and protein.
- Soy Sauce: Adds some salt and brings all the flavors together. Tamari or coconut aminos also work.
- Mayonnaise: The base for your sriracha spicy sauce.
- Sriacha Sauce: The spice to your sauce that gives the whole bowl a delicious kick!
- Sesame Seeds: Garnish with sesame seeds if you like!
How To Make a Salmon Rice Bowl
Whether it’s leftover salmon or a quick 6 minutes in the air fryer, this salmon rice bowl can be assembled and ready to serve in minutes. You will love how easy and delicious this meal can be, so keep on reading for my instructions.
- Preheat: Preheat the air fryer to 390° Farhenheit. Remove the skin from the salmon filets and then cut the salmon into 1 inch cubes.
- Prepare the Salmon: Place the cubed salmon in a bowl and then season it with salt, pepper, and onion powder.
- Cook: Place the salmon in the air fryer basket in a single layer and then cook it for 6-8 minutes, or until the internal temperature has reached 125° F. Feel free to pan fry over medium-high heat in a skillet for the same amount of time if you prefer.
- Assemble: Place the cooked rice in the bowl first. Then, layer on the cooked salmon, avocado, cucumber, and edamame.
- Add Sauce: Then, stir together the mayonnaise and sriracha sauce until combined. Drizzle on the soy sauce and then garnish with sesame seeds.
Switch Up The Ingredients
The beauty of this salmon rice bowl is you can make it your own! Switch up or change any of the ingredients you would like. Here are some ideas, just remember that any ingredients you change will affect the nutritional information on the recipe card.
- Cauliflower Rice
- Brussel Sprouts
How to Store Salmon Rice Bowls
Instead of storing the salmon rice bowl already assembled, I have a tip. In my opinion, the best way to store bowl recipes is to store the ingredients separately and assemble them right before you eat the bowl. Then everything tastes completely fresh.
In the Refrigerator: Store any leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To Reheat: Reheat the rice and salmon in the microwave for about 60 seconds or until warmed through. Then, assemble the fresh veggies on top, drizzle with sauce, and enjoy!
Salmon Rice Bowl
- 4 oz Salmon Filet, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 cup Cooked Rice, any kind works
- 1/2 Avocado diced or sliced
- 1/4 cup Carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup Mini Cucumbers
- 1/4 cup Edamame cooked
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce, or Tamari or Coconut Aminos
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Sriracha
- Sesame Seeds, optional for garnish
- Preheat the air fryer to 390° Farhenheit. Remove the skin from the salmon filets and cut the salmon into 1 inch cubes.
- Place the cubed salmon in a bowl and season with salt, pepper, and onion powder.
- Place the salmon in the air fryer basket in a single layer and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until the internal temperature has reached 125° F. Feel free to pan fry over medium-high heat in a skillet for the same amount of time if you prefer.
- Place the cooked rice in the bowl first. Layer on the cooked salmon, avocado, cucumber, and edamame.
- Stir together the mayonnaise and sriracha sauce until combined. Drizzle on the soy sauce and garnish with sesame seeds.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Love this recipe! The combo of the siracha mayo and soy sauce is very good. I love how versatile this is and will definitely be making this again!
Loved this recipe! My only complaint is the amount of salt. I tripled the recipe, and followed the ingredients to a T, but for some reason it came out painfully salty, to the point where we couldn’t finish eating the fish. I’m going to try again and reduce the salt by half or a third.
Really great recipe! Thank you for sharing. Made it for dinner tonight and it was a hit! Going to make this part of the weekly rotation!
Awesome recipe. Quick and easy, and I was in a hurry. I kept the filets whole in the air fryer and removed the skin and chunked them up when they were done. Also found Siracha Mayo (Lee Kum Kee) at the grocery store so one less step. And I also used the microwavable organic brown rice from Costco. Fresh delicious taste. Love the crunch of the veggies with the spice of the salmon. Great way to get those Omega-3s! I will make this often. Thanks!!
Made this for dinner last night and loved it! I also added some spicy kimchi to give it an extra kick. 🙂
This is a new staple in my house! My fiancé loved it, said he could eat this on rotation. I feel satisfyingly full with no other cravings.
I didn’t have mayo on hand so I swapped it with guac. Excellent substitute!
That’s a great idea!!