Lime Butter Salmon in Foil with Summer Veggies is grilled to tender and flaky perfection. The foil seals in the lime butter flavor and will be one of the BEST things that you eat!
This right here?? is one of the best things that I have ever eaten.
I am a huge lover of salmon. But salmon can be tricky when cooking on the grill. It can be delicate when placed directly on the grill. So cooking the salmon in foil was such a genius idea of mine.
Foil dinners take me waaaaaaay back to when I was young. I would look forward to two things every summer. Foil dinners and s’mores. It was so fun going with my family on camp outs and cooking foil dinners over the camp fire. They just get so tender sealed up in foil over the fire and the char marks inside are the best. Every single time I would go camping I would always request to make foil dinners and had so much fun making them with my mom. Foil dinners aren’t just for camping though. And today I bring to you the most amazing salmon in foil recipe.
The salmon grills in a lime butter sauce. So simple and the flavor is out of this world. My favorite part about foil dinners is that it is easy clean up and a meal in one. The fresh summer veggies cook so tender in the lime butter sauce. I love that sizzle that you hear when you put it onto the grill.
I just can’t get over the flavor of this salmon. I am all about light and fresh meals in the summer. Big heavy meals just don’t sound so good to me when it is so hot outside. So fresh salmon and summer veggies is right up my alley. The lime butter sauce cooked this salmon and the veggies to p-e-r-f-e-c-t-i-o-n.
You guys have to grill these up this summer!! You are going to love them!!
- 4 salmon fillets, I used verlasso salmon
- salt and pepper
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- zest of one lime
- 2 small zucchini
- 2 small yellow squash
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 small red onion, cut into chunks
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Heat grill to medium heat. Cut 4 sheets, enough to wrap the salmon and veggies, of heavy duty foil. Place salmon on center of aluminum foil and divide the veggies into each packet.
- In a small bowl add melted butter, lime juice, and zest of lime and mix. Pour evenly into each packet. Add lime wedge in each packet and bring up 2 sides of foil over salmon so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight ½-inch fold; fold again, allowing space for heat circulation and expansion. Fold other sides to seal.
- Place salmon packets onto grill and grill for 13-15 minutes flipping at about 7 minutes.To serve carefully open packets and garnish with parsley.