This Baked Tilapia and Roasted Veggies is a low calorie and high protein dish that comes together in less than 25 minutes!
Baked Tilapia and Roasted Veggies
Hey guys! Melanie from Garnish & Glaze with a deliciously healthy dish to keep you on track with your resolutions to eat healthy. This Baked Tilapia and Roasted Veggies is one meal that has been helping keep me on track with my goal to eat more veggies and protein.
I have a hard time just snacking on raw veggies. Roasting them in the oven is super easy because I can just chop and toss them on the SAME pan as my protein. This works especially well with fish like in this Simple Salmon & Asparagus and Sesame Ginger Salmon & Broccoli. No babysitting, stirring, or dirtying another pot and everything is done at once.
How to Bake Tilapia:
- Tilapia is pretty mild so you’ll start out with making a tasty marinade made up of oil, lemon or lime juice, spices, and fresh or dried herbs. This recipe is has more of an Italian flavored marinade.
- Brush the marinade on both sides of each fillet. Apply desired amount of salt and pepper as well.
- Place the tilapia on a pan and bake at 400 degrees F for 12-15 minutes or until the internal temperature is 145 degrees F and flakes easily but is not dry. It should still be very moist.
The veggies can be baked on the same pan as the tilapia as long as you cut them the proper thickness so that everything will finish cooking at the same time. Since carrots are firmer, they need to be cut thin. I like to use a mandolin which makes them all an even thickness. Squash or zucchini can be cut about 1/3 inch thick and broccoli florets should be cut into bite size one inch pieces.
Since the Tilapia is well seasoned, all you need to apply to the veggies is a little bit of oil and salt and pepper. To add some carbs, serve this meal with rice (brown if you want to go healthier), orzo, or quinoa. Enjoy!
- 4 (6 ounce) tilapia fillets
- 3 cups broccoli florets, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1½ cups carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespon fresh parsley (1½ teaspoons dried)
- ¼ teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place veggies on baking sheet and drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, mix, and then push to the sides of the pan.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, red pepper flakes, and onion powder together. Place tilapia on pan between the veggies and rub the marinade on all sides of the fillets. Sprinkle tilapia with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until fish reaches 145 degrees F and flakes easily. Serve immediately with rice, pasta, or quinoa.