Parmesan Garlic Roasted Potatoes that roast in the oven and get a crispy edge and tender center. They have such a great parmesan garlic flavor and will be the perfect side!
You can’t go wrong with a good potato side dish. If you love parmesan potatoes try these Best Ever Baked Parmesan Garlic Potato Wedge, Crispy Potatoes with Pesto and Parmesan or Parmesan Garlic Potato Foil Packets.
Parmesan Garlic Roasted Potatoes
School is out for the summer! Woot woot! I loved being able to turn off the school alarm at 7:45 am.
But I always forget how much my kids eat when they are home all summer. We go through food like crazy.
My oldest son is turning into the ‘I am always hungry and eat everything in site’ stage. I think that boy could even out eat me. He is getting so tall and big and going to be a teenager before I know it.
I really have to start getting creative with the meals that I make for them and I am especially always on the hunt for good sides.
One thing that my boys love are potatoes with their meals. By the time I prepare the main course I love just throwing together an easy side and letting it roast in the oven with our meal.
We love, love, love the parmesan garlic flavor combination at our house and it made these potatoes fantastic!
I was able to put them right in the oven and they were ready in about 15 minutes and were the perfect compliment to our dinner.
I love to roast my veggies in the oven because I love how they get a nice crisp edge and have a tender center.
The parmesan garlic flavor was awesome on top of these potatoes and they became our favorite new side!
This is a recipe that we will be making again and again!
What you need to make roasted potatoes
- Red potatoes- cut into 1 inch pieces. Baby red potatoes are what I used.
- Olive oil
- Parmesan cheese- grated
- Cloves- minced
- Parsley- chopped for garnish
How do you make roasted potatoes?
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly spray a [url:1]baking sheet with non stick cooking spray.
- Mix– In a [url:2]large bowl add the olive oil, parmesan cheese, garlic, and oregano.
- Toss with the potatoes until coated and lay in a single layer on your baking sheet. Salt and pepper to taste. I also like to sprinkle additional parmesan on top.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Serve with parsley sprinkled on top.
Do you have to use red potatoes?
You don’t! This method will work with any potatoes, I just prefer the sweet, soft texture of the red potatoes. Plus, I love how crispy the skin gets!
Try these potatoes too!
- Yukon potatoes
- Russet potatoes
- Baby potatoes
- White potatoes
So the key to crispy potatoes is a HOT oven.
If you roast them at a low temperature, it will take too long for the exterior to brown, and the inside will get mushy.
Also, it’s important that you use a large sheet pan.
You really don’t want any of the potatoes touching during the cooking process. If they do, you risk steaming the potatoes, instead of roasting them, and you won’t get the super crispy exterior we all love!
There are several ways to try these Parmesan Garlic Roasted Potatoes.
You can’t go wrong with these substitutions.
- Parmesan– swap out parmesan for asiago, pecorino, or romano.
- Potatoes– swap out Yukon gold potatoes for russet, red or even fingerling.
- Olive oil– if you don’t have olive oil, canola or peanut oil will work well.
Tips for making roasted potatoes
- I recommend not peeling the potatoes. The best part is that thick, crispy crust to enjoy after baking.
- Cut red potatoes in half, leaving the skin on.
- Baby potatoes take less long to bake.
- Add potatoes to cold water, cover and place in the refrigerator. This will help from keeping them turning brown.
- Soaking your raw potato wedges in hot water for 10 minutes before baking helps give the wedges more of a crispy outside.
What goes with parmesan garlic roasted potatoes?
Looking for more Potato side dishes!? Here are some!
- Creamy Parmesan Scalloped Potatoes
- Dad’s Famous Mashed Potatoes
- Garlic Herb Mashed Potatoes
- Garlic Ranch Smashed Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Ranch Mashed Potatoes
Parmesan Garlic Roasted Potatoes
- 2 pounds red potatoes cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- chopped parsley for garnish
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray a baking sheet with non stick cooking spray.
In a large bowl add the olive oil, parmesan cheese, garlic, and oregano. Toss with the potatoes until coated and lay in a single layer on your baking sheet. Salt and pepper to taste. I also like to sprinkle additional parmesan on top.
Roast for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Serve with parsley sprinkled on top.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.