Perfectly seasoned, crispy and tender, these are Air Fryer Potatoes are that Best Ever! You will want them every night for dinner!
Air Fryer Potatoes
I’ll be honest, some days I’m lucky to get dinner on the table, let alone a side dish. But these air fryer potatoes are so amazing, easy and fast, it’s changed everything. So many times I’m working on the main dish and I forget all about the sides, and then there’s no time. Well, not anymore. These roasted potatoes are so quick and easy there’s no excuse. They taste so incredible you’ll want to make them. And don’t be surprised if these air fryer potatoes are the first thing to disappear before anything else.
Air frying potatoes is truly one of the recipes that air fryers were meant to do. The circulating air crisps the outsides with an impeccable golden crust. The insides are soft, tender and incredibly flavorful. Using the air fryer also reduces the amount of oil you’d need to cook these roasted potatoes, making them a healthier choice. Air Frying cuts the time it takes to roast the potatoes in half then if you cooked them in the oven. Best thing ever! I have truly never had better roasted potatoes in my life. I am literally running out of descriptive words for how amazing these are. You are going to love these air fryer potatoes. Trust me.
Ingredients for Roasted Potatoes
Just a few ingredients is all you need to make these roasted potatoes for your dinner tonight. Most of these ingredients you’ll have in your pantry. When you look for potatoes, try to find them uniform in size and free from eyes and blemishes.
- Yukon Gold Potatoes: Baby golden potatoes if you can find them. Regular Yukon golds will work too.
- Olive Oil: Just enough to coat the potatoes for seasoning to stick
- Italian Seasoning: A complete full of flavor herb blend
- Garlic: Freshly minced
- Salt and Pepper: To taste
- Parmesan Cheese: Use finely shredded cheese for the best texture.
- Chopped Parsley: This is optional and for garnish.
Let’s Make The Best Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes!
This is so easy, anyone can make these. Let the kids help, they’ll love it. The air fryer makes these almost too easy!
- Mix: In a medium sized bowl combine the potatoes, olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, pepper and Parmesan Cheese.
- Air Fry: Add to the basket of your air fryer. Cook at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Flip: Toss the potatoes in the basket and continue to cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender and crisp. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Which Potatoes are Best for the Air Fryer?
- Russets: These will air fry beautifully. They will crisp up wonderfully with a pale golden color. Their insides will be soft and fluffy with a mild flavor. Always a good choice!
- Yukon Golds or Yellow Potatoes: These are a favorite for air frying because they will crisp up perfectly but also turn a bit deeper golden color because of the lower starch and higher sugar content. Their crisp will be a tad softer than a russets however, their insides will be creamy and full of flavor.
- Reds: Red potatoes when roasted will turn an even darker golden brown because of their even higher sugar and lower starch content. They will be crispy coming out but soften quickly on the outside. Their insides will be creamy and soft.
- Baby Potatoes or New Potatoes: These are not a variety or type of potato. They are regular potatoes that have been thinned from the crop early. These potatoes have a high sugar content and roast in the air fryer perfectly as well as hold their shape. Although they can be hard to find in the grocery store as they are somewhat seasonal they are usually a favorite.
Tips for Crispy Roasted Potatoes
The air fryer recipe makes these foolproof. But here are some tips to help them be awesome!
- Wash: Since you’ll want to leave the skins on (the skins have all the nutrients anyway), be sure to wash them thoroughly.
- Oil: If you desire you can use an oil spray to coat your potatoes. You need the oil to help the seasonings stick to the potatoes.
- Preheat: Be sure to allow your air fryer to preheat for maximum crispiness in your roasted potatoes.
- Flip: Use a spatula or a spoon to turn your potatoes. Shaking the basket can cause your roasted potatoes to break apart.
- Know Your Air Fryer: Be sure to read your air fryers manual and know what temperatures and timings will work best with your make and model.
- Even Cooking: To make sure your potatoes roast evenly cut them into same sized pieces.
Variations and Storing Air Fried Roasted Potatoes
The variations for roasted air fryer potatoes are limited to your imagination and your seasonings. These will also store and freeze well, making great leftovers.
- Cajun: Use a mix or blend of cajun spices for a spicy side dish to go with some Baked Cod.
- Mexican: Blend cumin, chili powder, onion and garlic powder for nice twist. The roasted potatoes will pair perfectly with Chimichangas.
- Greek: A combination of garlic, onion, oregano, basil, dill and salt and pepper will create a nice greek flavor. I love them with this Greek Salad.
- Ranch: Use Homemade ranch seasoning or buy some and toss with the potatoes.
- Storing: These air fryer potatoes will keep in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
- Freeze: Air fryer roasted potatoes keep in the freezer sealed tightly for 6-8 months. Reheat in the air fryer at 400 degrees for 5-6 minutes.
More Amazing Air Fryer Recipes
Air Frying is taking over the culinary world with good reason. They are easy to use, make healthy incredibly tasting food, and keep the clean up to a minimum. Every cook’s dream appliance. Here are some of my favorite air fryer recipes.
- Perfect Air Fryer Steak With Garlic Herb Butter
- Amazing Air Fryer Salmon (Under 10 Minutes)
- Seriously Amazing Air Fryer Hand Pies
- Crispy Air Fryer “Fried” Chicken
- Homemade Air Fryer French Fries
Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes
- 1 pound Yukon gold baby potatoes cut into one inch pieces
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Cut potatoes in quarters using a sharp knife about 1 inch pieces.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the potatoes, olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, pepper and Parmesan Cheese.
- Add to the basket of your air fryer. Cook at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Toss the potatoes in the basket and continue to cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender and crisp. Garnish with chopped parsley.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.