Air Fryer French Fries are perfectly crispy outside, tender inside, and absolutely heavenly. Simply they are AMAZING! You won’t believe how healthy these fries are after you taste one.
Serve these delectable fries with Famous Fry Sauce or for a kick Skillet Queso. Then place them on a plate with The Best Grilled Burger or Copycat Chick-fil-A Nuggets for healthy tweak on fast food favorites made at home.
Air Fryer French Fries
If you don’t have an air fryer yet, you need to buy one just for these French fries! This is hands down one of my favorite things EVER and making them in the air fryer makes them even better! There is just something about a really great french fry that’s hard to beat. The fact that you can make the BEST fries right at home is just plain awesome. I don’t have to leave my home to get the best tasting, crispy, tender perfectly tasting fries anymore. Both your wallet and your health will thank you for making the change.
These are so good, you may just eat only fries for dinner. So be prepared to make enough. These will be so popular you may need to triple the recipe to have enough. But that’s ok if that’s the only thing you have for dinner, they’re healthier after all!
Air Fryer Fries Ingredients
Making these fries is super easy. Simple ingredients, for wholesome fries.
- Potatoes: I like to use Russets
- OIive Oil: Heart healthy oil
- Italian Seasoning: Makes everything taste great.
- Parmesan: Because why not, It’s so good
- Salt and Pepper: All to taste
How to Make French Fries in an Air Fryer
With just a fraction of the oil, these are the ideal for anyone trying to eat healthier without sacrificing flavor! Give your loved ones the taste they love that’s also good for them.
- Preheat: Preheat your fryer to 380 degrees
- Cut and Rinse: Slice the potatoes using a fry cutter or slice into ¼ inch strips. Rinse in cold water and pat dry with paper towels
- Toss: In a medium sized bowl toss with the oil and seasonings and salt and pepper.
- Fry: Place in air fryer basket and cook for 15-20 minutes till golden brown
What is an Air Fryer?
Air Fryers are a countertop appliance similar to a convection oven in that it circulates hot air to cook food. This process produces a crispy product without the added oil or extra calories of deep fat frying. It cooks at a high speed so it cooks faster than a convection or regular oven as well. It’s compact and won’t heat your whole kitchen either. It won’t sacrifice flavor even though it slashes fat and calories. It’s a total win.
Tips and Variations for Homemade French Fries
- Potatoes: Experiment with potato varieties. There are lots of different kinds of potatoes, each with unique properties. See which one you like best. Maybe you can have a French fry tasting party. You can peel them or leave the peel on, either way. Cut the potatoes evenly so they are all the same size. This way they will cook evenly as well.
- Rinse or Soak: Whether you choose to just rinse your potatoes or soak them for up to 15 minutes, it’s important you don’t skip this step. It rinses some of the starch away allowing the potatoes to get nice and crispy. Just make sure you dry them really well, soggy potatoes equals soggy fries.
- Spices: There are so many different spices to try: black pepper, smoked paprika, chili powder, cumin, ranch seasoning, basil, oregano, cajun seasoning, let your imagination run wild.
- Small Batches: Getting the perfect crispiness means not over crowding the air fryer. You may have to work in small batches but that’s essential to allow the air to circulate around all the potatoes. Once you are done cooking all the fires, put them all back in the fryer and cook for another 1-2 minutes just to rewarm and crisp them. They will remain crispy.
- Leftovers: Fries will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days and 2 months in the freezer.
- Reheat: Bring fridge or frozen fries close to room temperature. Reheat at 425 for 5 minutes in the oven or in the air fryer for about 5 minutes till they are the texture and temperature you want.
More “French” Recipes to Try
You know recipes with the word “French” in them are going to taste AMAZING!
- Cinnamon Baked French Toast
- Skillet French Onion Chicken
- Sausage Stuffed French Bread Boats
- Easy French Onion Soup
- Slow Cooker French Dips
Air Fryer French Fries
- 2 medium sized russet potatoes
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.