The popular Cane’s sauce from Raising Cane’s restaurant can be made at home with this identical copycat version. This creamy and tangy dipping sauce is packed with savory smoky flavors perfect for chicken, fries, or as a burger spread.
Everyone can’t seem to get enough of this delicious Cane’s sauce! I am so excited for you to enjoy this homemade recipe at home. Making sauce recipes at home is easy and tastes way better than storebought. Try making our favorite alfredo sauce, this cheese sauce, or my incredible bolognese sauce.
What Is Cane’s Sauce?
The fasat-food chain Raising Cane’s is known for its tender juicy chicken strips and mouthwatering dipping sauce. The combination of flavors in Cane’s dipping sauce is memorable to all who taste it! Starting with a mayonnaise and ketchup base, cane’s sauce has distinct tangy and savory flavors. The addition of Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, pepper, and liquid smoke creates a perfect copycat recipe. But the secret to this sauce is the liquid smoke. Make sure you don’t leave it out!
If you’ve never had the original sauce, you’re going to love this copycat recipe. Raising Cane’s serves this sauce along side chicken strips, fries, coleslaw, and Texas toast. Everyone looks forward to THE SAUCE to complete their meal because its unique flavors keep you dipping for days! Some ways to enjoy this incredible sauce at home is with corn dogs, French fries, or these amazing homemade chicken tenders.
Ingredients For Cane’s Sauce
Making this copycat Cane’s sauce recipe is easy and fast. It is made with minimal ingredients found at any grocery store. You’ll be dipping all your favorite recipes in this yummy sauce in no time at all. Simple ingredients that are packed with big flavor! Everyone needs to experience the yumminess of this sauce because it is life changing.
- Mayonnaise: Good quality like Hellman’s or best foods produces great results.
- Heinz Ketchup: High-quality ketchup like Heinz produces the best tomato flavor.
- Worcestershire Sauce: I love the tangy and savory flavor Worcestershire sauce adds to this sauce.
- Garlic Powder: Garlic is a key flavor in this sauce.
- Kosher Salt: I prefer using kosher salt in my recipes because I can control the salt flavor.
- Cracked Black Pepper: Adds a little heat and depth to the flavor of the sauce.
- Liquid Smoke: The smoky flavor of liquid smoke is the SECRET to this sauce. Find it in the aisle with bbq sauces and ketchup.
How To Make Cane’s Sauce
This Raising Cane’s sauce recipe only takes 5 minutes to put together! Simply measure out all of the ingredients into a bowl then whisk to combine. Once you learn how to make Cane’s sauce, you can enjoy this sauce at home. My kids always reach for this sauce in the fridge because it takes everything to the next level. You’re going to want make a big batch to keep in your fridge. Follow the instructions below on the recipe card.
- Combine Ingredients: Place all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Whisk: Whisk the ingredients together until smooth and combined.
- Serve: Place the sauce in an air-tight container, then refrigerate for a few hours before serving.
How to Enjoy Cane’s Sauce
I am a dipper and I always have a bowl of sauce on the side! This Cane’s sauce adds so much flavor because it makes everything taste better. You can enjoy this sauce with lots of recipes because it is so versatile. Try them with some of my ideas…because you’re going to love it!
- Dip: Dip your favorite fried foods into Cane’s sauce! Use it as a dipping sauce for any French fry, egg roll, or texas toast.
- Condiment: Slather this sauce on top of any burger or sandwich then enjoy!
- Drizzle: Drizzle over meat, potatoes, or anything that would complement the savory flavors. Brisket nachos would be amazing with this sauce.
Tips For Perfecting Sauce
To achieve the exact flavors, follow my tips for getting the best results! My tips are helpful in making this Cane’s sauce at home. Just allow yourself time for the sauce to sit and for all of the flavors to marry together. It’s delicious if enjoyed right away, but even better as it chills and sets in the fridge.
- Rest Time: Cover the sauce and let it rest in the refrigerator before serving. 30 minutes is a good amount of rest time to let all the flavors blend together, but feel free to chill it longer.
- Use High-Quality Ingredients: Good quality brands make a big difference in the outcome. Don’t use generic brands for this recipe!
- Don’t Leave Out the Secret Ingredient: The liquid smoke MAKES this recipe taste identical. Don’t skip this ingredient!
- Make It Spicy: This is definitely a great base sauce, but if you need to add more or less seasoning to your liking go for it. Add some cayenne or extra pepper for more of a kick. You decide!
Leftover Dipping Sauce
Make this Cane’s sauce ahead of time for dinner or take it to a bbq party. Chicken fingers, French fries, or burgers all need to be dipped or sauced with this sauce. The longer the flavors have to sit, the yummier it gets! I love making this ahead of time to use throughout the rest of the week because it keeps well.
- In the Refrigerator: Place the Cane’s sauce in an airtight container then store in the refrigerator. It is best to use it within 5 to 7 days of making it but it may not last that long!
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise good quality like Hellman's or best foods
- 1/3 cup Heinz ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Place all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Whisk together until mixed well.
- Refrigerate the sauce in an air-tight container for a few hours before serving.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Is it O.K. to use STUBB’S liquid smoke for flavoring or should I stick with regular liquid smoke?
Either will work!