Perfect Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries are crispy outside and tender inside. Lightly seasoned and golden, they are a delicious addition to any meal. These are a healthy way to indulge without the guilt. Pair them with your favorite dipping sauce and your side dish is done!
If you’re not the air fryer bandwagon it’s time! They just make everything taste so much better it seems like! Try Perfect Air Fryer Steak with Garlic Herb Butter, Brown Sugar Garlic Air Fryer Salmon and 10 min Air Fryer Shrimp for starters.
Sweet Potato Fries
These are so good. The air fryer will give the potatoes a nice crisp outside and the inside will remain soft and scrumptious. Seasoned to just to taste they’ll go with just about anything.
Full of vitamins and fiber, sweet potatoes are a healthy way to satisfy your French fry cravings. Making them in the air fryer even makes it even better.
Sweet Potato Fry Ingredients
Simple ingredients with magnificent taste.
- Sweet Potatoes: One to two depending on the size of your air fryer
- Olive Oil: Just enough to coat
- Italian Seasoning: One of the best seasonings
- Salt and Pepper: Just to taste
How to Make Air Fryer Fries
Super easy to make!
- Cut: Peel and cut the potatoes about ¼ inch thick
- Toss: Place the potato in a bowl and toss with oil, seasoning and salt and pepper to coat
- Fry: Place in a single layer in the air fryer on 380 and cook for 12-14 minutes tossing half way through.
It’s hard to beat these but you can play with the flavors and dips.
- Seasoning: Mix up the spices to your liking. Try a Mexican flair with smoked paprika, chipotle chili powder and cumin. Or go sweet with cinnamon and a touch of brown sugar. Add garlic and onion powder and paprika for a good seasoned fry.
- Dip: Ketchup is a good stand by but sweet potatoes can really go with so many sauces. Try mayo as your base and add chipotle peppers in adobe with a touch of lemon juice and cilantro. Or mayo and your favorite BBQ sauce. Try a dill based sauce or even ranch. The possibilities are endless.
- Freeze: Make several batches and let cool completely. Place in a freezer safe bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Reheat in the air fryer at 360 till heated through.
Tips for Perfect Air Fryer Fries
Anyone who has tried to bake sweet potato fries or fried them knows that it’s hard to get them crispy. Baking them in the air fryer helps, but they still won’t be super crunchy. There are few things you can do to help.
- Potatoes: You don’t have to peel the potatoes if you don’t want to. Cut them the same size as possible. The smaller the better.
- Ends: Trim the pointy ends off of the potato sticks so the tips don’t burn.
- Coating: Consider a coating of starch on the potatoes after they are tossed with the oil. Cornstarch or arrowroot starch will work. Just a light coating then season as desired.
- Heat: Don’t cook them at too high of a heat. Otherwise it’ll burn the outside and leave the inside a mushy. Baking them at 380 should give them a nice golden outside. If your fryer cooks hot try 360 degrees F.
- Serve: Serve the potatoes ASAP. The longer they sit the more limp they become.
- Soaking: I’ve found that you don’t need to soak sweet potatoes like you do white potatoes. They just don’t have enough starch to make a difference, so you can save yourself some time and step by not doing that.
- Over fill: Don’t over fill your air fryer. It will ensure the air can circulate evenly and cook them perfectly.
More Sweet Potato Recipes
Sweet potatoes are so good for you and in these recipes they taste amazing too.
- Homemade Sweet Potato Pie
- Sweet Potato Hash
- The Best Sweet Potato Casserole
- Maple Sweet Potato Pancake
- Roasted Honey Cinnamon Butter Sweet Potatoes
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- 1-2 sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- Peel the sweet potato. Slice into long strips ¼ inch wide. In a medium size bowl add the sweet potato, olive oil, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Add the sweet potatoes to the basket of an air fryer in a single layer. Cook at 380 degrees for 12-14 minutes, tossing the fries halfway through.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.