Back from Hawaii and back to reality! It was the most amazing perfect vacation I have ever been on. More details to come on that next week since I am going to dedicate that week to recipes that I was inspired by while in Hawaii. Right before I left to Hawaii, I made these cheesy bacon ranch potatoes. Slow cooked all day to be the most delicious and flavorful potatoes that you will want to have as side to every meal!This was my first time cooking potatoes in a slow cooker. Boy have I been missing out! They reminded me of tin foil dinner potatoes. Perfectly tender and packed with flavor. I can’t even describe how amazing these turned out! All of the flavors combined with cheese and bacon to create these delicious potatoes. While cooking in the slow cooker, they create the best aroma in your house all day. And when it is time for dinner, you just scoop them up and they really make the perfect side!
SLOW COOKER CHEESY BACON RANCH POTATOES
A delicious side for any meal! Easy clean up and tender delicious potatoes that are packed with flavor!
- 4 Medium sized potatoes or 6-8 small red or yellow potatoes
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound bacon 1 pound makes it that much better 🙂
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package dry ranch seasoning packet
- 2 T butter
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- Cook the bacon until it is just done but not too crisp. I lined a cookie sheet with foil and baked it at 350 degrees for 16 minutes while I was prepping everything.
- Line your slow cooker with aluminum foil. Leave enough to over hang so that you can wrap the potatoes on the top once in the slow cooker.
- Spray the inside of the foil with cooking spray and layer half of the potatoes along the bottom. Next layer with half of the bacon, green onions, onion, ranch packet and top with cheese. Repeat the layers and top with cheese reserving 1/2 cup.
- Cover the potatoes with remaining foil. This helps them to steam and cook perfectly. Cook on low for 4-6 hours in your slow cooker. Once finished, top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and let melt on the top.
- Garnish with fresh green onions if desired.