Perfectly seasoned, Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix is easy, quick and oh so good! Reach for this seasoning mix knowing all the ingredients right inside.
Ranch dressing mix is so versatile and can be used in so many ways from Café Rio’s Cilantro Ranch Dressing to Slow Cooker Ranch Mashed Potatoes. You will reach for this again and again. Homemade is always better!
Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix
When you look at the ingredients of a ranch mix or dressing, you’ll always find things in it you can’t pronounce or perhaps isn’t sure what it is. Change that and make your own Ranch Mix, it’s even better than the store bought mix and healthier, since you’ll know exactly what’s in it.
When you see how easy this is you’ll never buy the store mix again. You probably have most of the ingredients already sitting in your pantry. You will love how much you can do with it. Not only does it make the most delectable dressing and dip but you can add it anywhere you want that tangy rich ranch flavor. Keep it handy for all occasions. Your family and friends will love it. Once you’ve had Homemade Ranch Seasoning you’ll never go back, it’s just that noticeably different and amazing.
Ranch Mix Ingredients
This contains just herbs and buttermilk powder mixed together. The ingredients are so simple and comes together quickly and easily!
- Buttermilk Powder: This is a dry substance that will enhance the creaminess in the ranch.
- Dried Parsley and Dried Dill: Both of these seasonings have so much flavor.
- Garlic Powder and Onion Powder: Together they blend well and add to the ranch once made.
- Dried Chives: A hint of zest from the onion stalk that is hidden throughout the mixture.
- Salt and Pepper: Just a pinch will go a long way!
Making Ranch Seasoning
This is so easy, there’s nothing to it! Mix together, store in a sealed jar and get ready to use often.
- Combine Ingredients: In a small bowl whisk all the ingredients together until completely combined.
- When Making Ranch: 3 Tablespoons is equivalent to one dry packet of ranch mix.
Ranch Dressing Recipe
If making ranch dressing whisk together ½ cup sour cream, ½ cup mayonnaise and ¾ cup milk. Store in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days long.
The Recipe Critic Pro Tip:
If you want your “chunky” herbs to be smaller, mix this in a food processor to make it fine and even.
What is Buttermilk Powder?
Buttermilk powder can be found in the baking section of most grocery stores. Be sure to pick yours up today to make this delicious homemade ranch seasoning!
- Buttermilk Powder: So it’s exactly what you think it is, dehydrated Buttermilk in powder form and it’s awesome stuff
- Uses: This can be used in anything you use buttermilk for and it keeps for months. Use in waffles, pancakes and biscuits.
- Refrigerate: Because it is a dairy, once you open the container and once you mix up this seasoning you will NEED to store it in the fridge.
- Find it: Look for Buttermilk powder in the baking isle near the powdered milk, and evaporated milk.
Tips and Uses of Ranch Mix
Need more reasons to make this and keep it around, here’s a list for you.
- Add: Great use for flour dredge when making chicken, beef or fish.
- Sprinkle: Enhance your popcorn, roasted potatoes or veggies by sprinkling over top.
- Mix: Create a delicious bread by melting butter and brush on bread sticks, French Bread, or toast.
- Add: Mix it in butter on the outside of toasted cheese sandwiches.
- Use: In pasta, potato, chicken and even Mexican dishes to add extra zing.
Storing Ranch Seasoning
This mix is quick and easy to make that storing it is a simple step to ensuring its freshness. Simply add the seasoning to a sealed jar or container. 3 Tablespoons is the same as a ranch dry seasoning packet from the store. This seasoning will last about 3 months in a sealed jar stored in a dry, cool area. This does not need to be refrigerated.
More Ranch Inspiration
So many ways to use this amazing mix, here are a few places you can begin.
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pinwheels
- Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
- Garlic Ranch Chicken Skewers
- Cheesy Chicken, Bacon and Broccoli Ranch Pasta
- Loaded Creamy Ranch Dip
Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 cup buttermilk powder
- 1 Tablespoon dried chives
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
If making ranch dressing whisk together ½ cup sour cream, ½ cup mayonnaise and ¾ cup milk.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.