Chicken Bacon Ranch Pinwheels are an easy wrap your party guests will love with chicken, bacon, cheese and ranch seasoning. They’re delicious either hot or cold!
If you’re looking for a main course option, you can try this amazing Creamy Bacon Mushroom Thyme Chicken which is a showstopper and delicious as well!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pinwheels
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pinwheels are perfect as a lunch, an after school snack, or an appetizer. They taste wonderful either cold or hot. A crowd pleasing potluck favorite, they immediately come to mind anytime I am looking for something easy to make and take. They look impressive, but are really so quick and easy to make!
They will become your tried and true recipe too, because you can put them together quickly, they travel well, and they will be one of the the first dishes to be empty at any gathering. These pinwheels are just as easy to put together as a sandwich. Simply spread the creamy bacon ranch mixture over the tortilla, roll it up, cut into pieces, and enjoy! These are must try homemade pinwheels that will be the best you have ever made!
What’s in Chicken Pinwheels?
These pinwheels are so versatile and the ingredients can be adapted to fit whatever time you have. For example, if you are in a time crunch you can use the already cooked bacon crumbles that are real bacon just precooked and diced for you. You can also use a rotisserie chicken if you want to save time and enjoy the leftover chicken as a separate meal.
- Chicken breasts: Use cooked/grilled chicken that is chopped for a great tender protein.
- Thick cut bacon: Cooked bacon will add salty amazing taste and crunch.
- Cream cheese: Adds a mild and slightly sweet tangy flavor.
- Cheddar and jack cheeses: Shredded mixture of mild cheeses adds great flavor to the filling mixture.
- Ranch Seasoning: Tangy flavor that is filled with hints of salt, garlic, onion, chives, parsley, and dill.
- Tortillas: Large burrito sized work best.
Let’s Make Pinwheels!
In just a few minutes and a couple easy steps you have the most amazing chicken pinwheels ready to serve. They are filling and packed with bacon ranch flavor that is SO GOOD!
- Prep ingredients: Chop the chicken and the bacon finely, into a ¼ of an inch dice (The smaller the better for the mixture to wrap well into the pinwheel shape).
- Combine ingredients: Into a large bowl add the chicken, bacon, cream cheese, cheddar and jack cheese (you can use all cheddar if you’d like). Mix well.
- Add ranch seasoning: Sprinkle on the ranch seasoning evenly over the whole bowl and gently mix again.
- Spread mixture over tortillas: Smooth a thin layer over your tortillas, then roll the tortilla tightly.
- Let rest: Let sit for a few minutes before cutting, seam side down.
- Slice: Cut into ¾ – 1 inch slices and serve.
Variations of Chicken Bacon Ranch Pinwheels:
If you aren’t making these for finger food, you can easily put the filling into a sandwich or pita pocket. You can still add it to a tortilla but you don’t have to slice it for an even quicker lunch option. Also, adding this mixture over a salad would make an excellent light and healthy meal.
How to Store Pinwheels:
Chicken bacon ranch pinwheels can be made ahead and store well. Wrap tightly, then place in the freezer for up to 2 months or in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
More Light and Tasty Recipes:
- Chicken Caesar Wrap
- Hot Ham and Swiss Pinwheels
- Buffalo Ranch Chicken Wrap
- Turkey Bacon Ranch Pinwheels
- Easy Italian Pinwheels
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pinwheels
- 3 chicken breasts cooked/grilled
- 1 pound thick cut bacon cooked
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 1 cup cheddar and jack cheese mix shredded
- 1/2 packet Ranch Seasoning
- 4 large tortillas burrito sized
- Chop the chicken and the bacon finely, into a ¼ of an inch dice (The smaller the better for the mixture to wrap well into the pinwheel shape).
- Into a large bowl add the chicken, bacon, cream cheese, cheddar and jack cheese (you can use all cheddar if you'd like).
- Mix well.
- Sprinkle on the ranch seasoning evenly over the whole bowl and gently mix again.
- Spread a thin layer over your tortillas, then roll the tortilla tightly.
- let sit for a few minutes before cutting, seam side down.
- Slice into ¾ - 1 inch slices and serve.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
I used rotisserie chicken and bacon bits. It couldn’t get any easier.
Great idea! I love quick tips like this!
I put a whole green onion inside to give it a bit of extra color. I put it at the end and rolled it so it would be in the middle. I think next time I will try it with blue cheese instead of cheddar.
Enjoy your recipes always delicious, simple and easy to make. Additional information and notes do not appear in the print version. Any way to correct this since the additional information is beneficial.
These look great! I I need to make about 150 of these. I know your basic recipe calls for 3 chicken breast…..how many ounces are each of the 3 uncooked chicken breasts? Thanks so much.
I don’t remember specifically for this recipe but they usually average about 3 to 4 ounces each.
Your recipes are great even though I am foreign I liked it and I was able to make it myself thanks
These are so good! I made them today for my husbands lunch for tomorrow (always looking for new things to pack for him!) and of course we tried them after being in the fridge for a while. I love how easy they came together and he’s excited to have something different to eat now! So yummy. Thanks!
Can you use bacon bits!
Yes of course!
This recipe mentions that these pinwheels can be served hot or cold. What is the best method for heating them?
I would recommend warming up the pinwheels in the oven at 350*F for 12 to 15 minutes. This will bake it all. If you are just wanting the middle mixture you can either microwave it until it is warm or warm up the middle mixture on the stove top. Then fill the tortillas and serve immediately to keep them warm.
This recipe sounds delicious! Would I be able to use ranch dressing or omit if I don’t have any ranch seasoning?
Yes, that will work just have a different consistency.
Can I freeze these pinwheels ?
Yes, these do well frozen!
We are having a gender reveal party tomorrow for our daughter. I want to make these. Can I make them the day before and then still be good?
Oh SO Fun! What a great day! Yes, you can make ahead but you will want to seal them tight and keep them in the fridge until ready to serve. How that helps!! Best of luck and wishing your daughter a happy and healthy baby! XOXO
My husbands family is planning an open house 90th birthday for their mom. These look oh so easy. My question is how do I figure the ingredients for 125 guests?
That is so sweet!! Happy birthday to her! They are so simple and yummy!! The serving size is 32 for this recipe. I would make it 4 times. That would make roughly 128 pinwheels.