We went camping this weekend as a family. I sure love the mountains in Utah. They are so peaceful and beautiful. Fall is definitely in the air and the leaves were beautiful. I love the changing colors in the leaves. We had such a fun time together as a family. It is nice to get away from the busyness of life and enjoy a little getaway without cell phone service. My favorite part of camping is foil dinners and s’mores for dessert. We had such an amazing time together!
With Fall comes baking. I especially love to bake with apples. When you add apple to a blondie it is out of this world! The flavor combination in these blondies were so good. The maple glaze on top was my favorite part! It was like a caramel maple glaze and gave it such an awesome finishing touch. And then the blondie was so moist and flavorful with apples baked right inside! If you are looking for an incredible fall apple blondie, look no further!
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- ½ cup butter, melted and cooled
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups chopped peeled apples, about 3 medium
- Maple Glaze:
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13 inch baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl or mixer beat brown sugar, melted butter, syrup and vanilla until blended. Beat in eggs.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, salt and baking soda. Add to the sugar mixture and combine well. Stir in apples. The batter will be thick.
- Spread evenly in the 9x13 pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and the toothpick inserted comes out with moist crumbs.
- To make the glaze: In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium low heat. Combine syrup, and brown sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat and allow to thicken for 2-3 minutes and pour on top of warm blondies.
Recipe from Taste of Home Magazine
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- One Pan Crispy Parmesan Paprika Chicken with Vegetables - November 27, 2016
- Overnight Caramel Banana French Toast with Caramel Syrup - November 26, 2016
- Weekly Menu Plan #76 - November 26, 2016