We had a wonderful Halloween. The weather here in Utah was beautiful! This was the first year that I can remember that it was warm and no jackets needed. We have had a few Halloweens with snow! I sure enjoyed going from house to house with my boys. We love where we live. Our neighborhood had a witch that was brewing root beer, a neighbor making cotton candy, and houses that were giving out pop and king size candy bars. We had such a great time! I hope you did too!
Now lets get to the nitty gritty of this casserole. (Said in my best Nacho Libre voice.) You need to make this casserole immediately for your family. My family said that this was the best casserole that I have made to date! My son even took a bite and begged me not to take a picture of it! I can’t even describe the delicious sauce. It is a creamy alfredo base but with the added fiesta ranch spices it made it absolutely incredible! This entire casserole was perfect. From the creamy fiesta ranch sauce, to the cheese melted on top, to everything in between! Holy cow. You are just going to have to try it out for yourself!!
- 2 cups cubed, cooked chicken (about 3 chicken breasts)
- 1 (16 oz) box Penne Pasta
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Fiesta Ranch Dips Mix
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Optional Toppings:
- Sliced Green Onions
- Diced Tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9x13 inch baking dish and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- In a medium saucepan add heavy whipping cream and cream cheese. Heat over medium heat stirring until cream cheese has melted. Whisk in grated parmesan cheese. Whisk in fiesta ranch packet.
- In a large mixing bowl, add drained pasta and sauce. Toss noodles until coated. Add chicken and black beans. Spoon mixture into prepared pan. Top with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes until heated through and top is bubbly. Add optional toppings.
Subscribe to the Recipe Critic Blog and get family friendly recipes via e-mail.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Korean Ground Beef and Rice Bowls - April 18, 2017
- Weekly Menu Plan #96 - April 15, 2017
- Triple Berry Chicken Avocado Salad with a Creamy Lemon Poppyseed Dressing - April 13, 2017