Hey y’all how’s it going?! It’s Tiffany from Creme de la Crumb here to share an awesome go-to fall dessert recipe. It’s a pie! And if you haven’t made a pie before, do not fear, this recipe really is soooo easy.
I love the addition of oats in this pecan pie recipe. It’s a fun and tasty twist on a an old classic, not to mention a little healthier – bonus! I made this for my family a couple of weeks ago for a sunday get together and it was gone in a matter of minutes. It’s to die for yummy when you top it with some vanilla ice cream and a bit of chocolate sauce!
- 1 store-bought or homemade pie crust
- ⅔ cup pecans, chopped
- 2 eggs + 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- ⅔ cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325. In a large bowl combine pecans, beaten eggs, and next 7 ingredients. Stir until well combined.
- Pour filling into crust. Bake for 50 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup, and extra pecans if desired.