I have been dying without ham fried rice. And apparently the rest of the world loves it too because it is one of the most popular recipes on the blog. Sometimes eating clean and healthy can be tough. I miss my big bowl of fried rice and chinese food. I am finding out that you can still have the same kind of foods that you liked before, you just have to change them a little. And actually eating clean can be delicious!
I have been able to make most of the recipes that I love and make here on the blog. I just have to change some of the ingredients around and portion control. This has made it so that it is not as bad eating clean and can be a lifestyle change. Not just a short term goal that I eventually give up on.
As soon as I saw this idea that fried rice can be made with cauliflower, I immediately went to the store and had to make it! What a great way to still enjoy all of the yummy flavors of fried rice but have it be so much healthier for you!
I couldn’t believe how amazing it turned out. The cauliflower put into a food processor made it look just like rice! I couldn’t believe it. And my first bite was amazing. Tasted just like the fried rice that I love! All of the flavors that I love about it and it was so amazing! If you are a fried rice lover like me and want to cut down on the calories, you are going to love this recipe!
- 1 head of cauliflower, (about 2½ cups chopped in a food processor)
- 2 Tbs sesame oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 2-3 Tablespoons soy sauce (more or less to taste)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp chopped green onions (optional)
- Rinse and chop the cauliflower into florets and put into a food processor. (If you don't have a food processor continue to chop the cauliflower into tiny pieces.) Pulse until the cauliflower until it is small and resembles rice.
- Preheat a large skillet or wok to medium heat. Pour sesame oil in the bottom. Add white onion and peas and carrots and fry until tender.
- Slide the onion, peas and carrots to the side, and pour the beaten eggs onto the other side. Using a spatula, scramble the eggs. Once cooked, mix the eggs with the vegetable mix.
- Add the cauliflower to the veggie and egg mixture. Pour the soy sauce on top. Stir and fry the rice and veggie mixture until heated through and cauliflower is tender. Add chopped green onions if desired.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Weekly Menu Plan #54 - June 25, 2016
- Creamy Parmesan Garlic Mushroom Chicken - June 20, 2016
- Asian Pan Seared Salmon Salad with Honey Sesame Dressing - June 19, 2016