These 7-UP biscuits are tender and flakey layers of soft baked bread that melts in your mouth with every bite. These biscuits won’t last long at your dinner table!
These will be the best biscuits you will ever make. I wanted to try this recipe because it sounded weird. 7-UP in biscuits? But they are so good! They are soft and buttery and they didn’t even make it to the table before they were gone!
What are 7-Up biscuits?
These are the type of biscuits that seem to just melt in your mouth. This taste is so delicious and easily achieved with this recipe. These biscuits are just the perfect amount of butter and softness that compliment so many dishes.
What do you need to make biscuits?
The 7-Up biscuits are perfect for your weekly meals because they are simple enough to whip up at a moment’s notice. Only dilemma is they seem to disappear just as quickly as they are made!
Good thing these require your basic ingredients that are not too hard to get a hold of.
- 2 cups Bisquick- can not forget the main ingredient that gives these biscuits life
- 1/2 cup sour cream– helps create that fluffy texture that melts in your mouth
- 1/2 cup 7-up– helps create a very soft dough that can rise easily
- 1/4 cup melted butter– provides that buttery sensation that we all love
Let’s make biscuits!
This is by far one of the most straightforward recipes you can find. It is perfect for pairing with meals at the last minute if you are needing an extra side because it is simple, quick to make, and worth every bite!
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Cut sour cream into biscuit mix, add 7-Up. Makes a very soft dough.
- Sprinkle additional biscuit mix on board or table and pat dough out. Melt 1/4 cup butter in a 9 inch square pan. Place cut biscuits in the pan and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
What do 7-UP biscuits go well with?
When it comes to bread and rolls, they can honestly go with just about anything. They are versatile enough to be a great filler for almost all of your meals. And with these 7-Up biscuits, you will WANT them to be at all of your meals.
Popular dishes you normally see bread paired with would be pastas, casseroles, seafood and meat dishes and so much more. A couple of my favorite recipes that go well when served with 7-Up biscuits would have to be Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon, this is a warm beef stew that pairs perfectly with biscuits that just melt in your mouth. There is also Slow Cooker Tortellini Soup that is complete with 7-Up biscuits. Stews and soups are definitely great meals to pair with this recipe because there is nothing better than having a warm meal with bread to boot!
Can you make them ahead and store them?
Absolutely. If you are trying to plan ahead or know that you’ll have minimal time when it comes to your meal you are able to make these biscuits beforehand. The tricky part may be storing or packaging them correctly because you do not want them to get stale. Here are a couple of tips and reminders when it comes to storing these biscuits.
- Make sure to let biscuits cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes before storing
- Once cooled, store biscuits in an airtight container, resealable bags work as well just make sure to squeeze out as much as possible when sealing them.
- You can refrigerate biscuits with perishable items up to 1 week
- If you are just keeping them at room temperature they can be stored for 1-2 days
- If you decide to freeze them, wrap tightly in heavy duty aluminum foil or freeze wrap to prevent biscuits from drying out or losing flavor
- Properly wrapped biscuits that are frozen can last up to 2-3 months.
How Do you Reheat Frozen Biscuits?
Frozen biscuits are an easy solution when you are trying to plan meals out ahead or are delivering meals to those in need. Just because they were frozen does not mean they need to lose their fresh out of the oven taste. Here are steps to follow when it comes time to reheat your biscuits.
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Next, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange the biscuits on top
- Then bake the biscuits until they are hot, normally this will take about 12-15 minutes.
- Top the biscuits with butter.
- Serve and enjoy!
You can also choose to add honey, jam, or any other spread you like on your bread as well. These biscuits go with just about anything.
Can they be made Without Bisquick?
Say it is later in the evening you have your main dish all put together and it is almost done cooking and you realize that biscuits would go perfectly with it. You have this recipe all ready to go and then see that you are all out of Bisquick. Not a problem! There is a simple substitution you can do so that you can still make delicious 7-Up biscuits.
All you need is :
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 cup of vegetable shortening, cubed
This will make a total of 7 cups of Bisquick, so plenty to use if you need to make multiple batches!
Try More Bread Sides:
- Perfect Soft and Buttery Rolls
- Homemade Cornbread
- 30 Minute Asiago Cheese Rolls
- Copycat Texas Roadhouse Rolls with Cinnamon Honey Butter
- Mini Orange Monkey Rolls
7 UP Biscuits
These 7 UP biscuits are tender and flakey layers of soft baked bread that melts in your mouth with every bite. These biscuits won't last long at your dinner table!
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup 7-up
- 1/4 cup melted butter
Preheat oven to 450.
Cut sour cream into biscuit mix, add 7-Up. Makes a very soft dough.
Sprinkle additional biscuit mix on board or table and pat dough out. Melt 1/4 cup butter in a 9 inch square pan. Place cut biscuits in pan and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Updated on March 31, 2020
Originally Posted on August 2, 2012
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.