Honey Lemon Ginger Chicken

I love a fast, easy and healthy meal. Especially when I am watching what I eat.  This dish was full of flavor and you don’t have to compromise on taste!

honeylemongingerchickenI have been eating clean for 28 days now!  That is a HUGE accomplishment for a food blogger.   I have had no cheat meals, no treats, nothing.  I am on a mission to lose this baby weight.  I am so close I can almost taste it.  Crossfit plus having a nutritionist is finally getting it done.  When you have to weigh into someone and get your fat pinched, it makes you think twice about eating that chocolate!  😉 Yesterday I was able to wear one of my pre-pregnancy shirts.  My son said, Mom!  You look skinny!  That felt so good coming from him.  He has been including in his prayers each night that I will have help losing weight.  Oh kids.  Gotta love them! 🙂

Anyway.  Back to this chicken.  I love adding delicious meals into the healthy eating rotation.  I couldn’t believe how incredible this was.  The glaze over the chicken was fantastic!  So sticky and the honey lemon ginger all complemented each other perfectly.  So full of flavor and SO delicious!  I know you will love it too!

Honey Lemon Ginger Chicken
A light and delicious meal that is full of amazing honey lemon ginger flavor that the family will love!
Serves: 4
  • 3 boneless chicken breasts, (about 1½ pounds)
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
  • ½ cup honey
  • 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • zest from one lemon
  • 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
  • 2 teaspoons cornstarch
  1. In a medium saucepan, add olive oil, minced garlic, and ginger. Sauté over medium heat for 2-3 minutes and add honey, lemon juice, lemon zest, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, and cornstarch. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Let simmer and thicken while cooking chicken.
  2. Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and add to a medium skillet. Cook about 4-5 minutes until no longer pink in center and the outside is starting to brown. Add the sauce to the chicken and toss to coat.

Skinny Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars

Time to Sparkle Link Party #95

1. I have your chicken cordon Bleu in the crockpot now and this will be on the minute tomorrow. Thanks for taking the time to share your simple and quick, mom of multiple young children friendly recipes. Good luck on your weight loss journey and congrats on fitting into that shirt!

2. Oh my goodness the glaze on this chicken looks absolutely to die for. And I’m sure you look great now! I still have about 10 pounds of baby weight to lose, but its so hard for me to cut out sweets – I just LOVE THEM so much!

3. Melanie Serre says:

Thank you so much for posting and sharing such a delicious, healthy and great recipe! Love it!

4. Do you season the chicken with anything? Do you just cook it in a seperate skillet?

5. Is that scallions in the picture?

6. Miranda Timpson says:

This recipe looks AMAZING!! Do you just add green onions as a garnish? I don’t see any in the recipe.

7. Michele Perez says:

I can’t wait to try this. I LOVE ginger and this sounds delicious. You have a lot of great recipes that I look forward to incorporating into my meal plan. Thanks for sharing! The pictures by the way are fantastic… worth drooling over. Seriously, I’m so hungry right now it’s a challenge to even look at them. I’m off to the kitchen with my new recipes in hand. Thanks again.

8. Danielle Redmon says:

My husband has always thought I was a great cook, but when I made this he was head over hills than ever before!!!

This is so easy, light, and extremely tasty!

9. Rachel says:

I loved this recipe. The accidentally overcooked the sauce a little *too* long and it was extra thick. I feel like that may have also affected the taste of the sauce as well.

10. I am making this tonight, I can’t wait to try it, it looks so good! But then I read the comments, and saw the comment about Chicken Cordon Bleu! Please tell me how to get this recipe, I love CCB. Thank you, and please keep posting.

11. Our family just ate this for dinner. We didn’t have enough lemon juice on hand but it was still delicious with a little extra soy. Thank you so much for a yummy recipe.

12. Janelle says:

Made this last night and it was so good I had to comment! Super light tasting and healthy. My tips, for sure add the fresh ginger. Also before you start the sauce, have the chicken all cut up or else the sauce might overcook. Make with some rice and maybe a side of veggies for a filling, healthy dinner. I made it for my 2 year old and even she approved, I called it sweet chicken for her =)

13. I want to try this recipe, however I am concerned about the grated ginger. I have never done that before. But as most people have commented the picture really sells this recipe. However in saying that… the picture clearly shows that there are some type of either green onions or celery involved and nowhere in the recipe itself does it list this ingredient. So I would really like to have seen what the final product looks like without using a professional photo.

14. Hi! I would like to try this today and marinate the sauce and chicken pieces until dinner tomorrow night. Will the sauce hold up then cook right?

15. I made this for dinner last night with white rice and steamed broccoli. My husband is a huge fan of Asian food so I thought he would like it. It was SUPER easy and delicious. My tablet died in the middle of cooking it so I accidentally put 2 Tbs of corn starch instead of 2 tsp. Needless to say I had to add about a cup of water to the recipe but it was still delicious. And not to mention this is a pretty healthy meal. Well done!

16. I can’t believe something this amazing came out of my kitchen! I could lick the pan clean! Can’t wait to try the sauce over salmon and shrimp. Thank you so much for making me look like a chef!

17. I have never left a comment about a recipe before… This was FANTASTIC. Thank you so much for sharing!

18. I just made this tonight for dinner and it was a hit! The kids loved it, it was yummy!
    Thanks for a great (and super fast) recipe 🙂

19. Cooking tonight. Such great reviews. What is the nutritional information?

20. Would love to see this recipe converted to a slow cooker recipe! In the hot summer I use my slow cooker to avoid turning the oven on, which heats up the house, or standing over a hot burner and sautéing or frying anything. I think it would work great, like your cashew chicken recipe, but it would need a lot more sauce than the recipe calls for. Sounds super tasty and I will try it and let you know how it goes with my family.

21. This recipe was great to begin with but I added about a tablespoon of peanut butter and a little cayenne pepper but also doubled the original recipe. Instead of green oinions I minced red onions since that’s what I had on hand. Turned out yummy both ways!! I can’t wait to try some other recipes.

22. irishrabbit says:

Fabulous recipe, made it for dinner tonite. Easy to prepare, and so delicious (and healthy)! Thank you for sharing it!

23. Delicious! I halved the honey though to save a few calories, was amazing and definitely sweet enough!