The perfect amount of spices come together in the homemade taco seasoning! You will never buy from the store again!
I have continued my healthy eating habits and goals that I made back in December. Now don’t get me wrong. I ate like a fat kid and got more ice cream cones than one should consume on our cruise, but I have tried to maintain a healthy diet back at home. One of my favorite meals to make are turkey tacos. I make a big batch at the beginning of the week and have them almost every day during the week. Tacos are the best. Seriously.
As I was making my weekly batch of turkey taco meat I reached into the cabinet to grab a seasoning packet. There weren’t any there! What would I ever do without unseasoned meat? So I pulled out the computer and began my search for the perfect seasoning.
I had all of the spices in my cabinet. It took only a minute to throw them all together. The first recipe that I tried was a little to spicy for my liking. So I tweaked it to my liking and found the perfect taco seasoning just for you. It was amazing! I can’t believe that I have never made my own taco seasoning before. It is WAY better than the store bought packages and I know that your family will love it too!
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all seasonings together and store in an airtight container.
- I used one recipe in one pound of ground turkey. Recipe can easily be doubled and use more or less to taste. I also like to add ½ cup of water to the meat and seasonings to make the meat more moist.
Subscribe to the Recipe Critic Blog and get family friendly recipes via e-mail.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Korean Ground Beef and Rice Bowls - April 18, 2017
- Weekly Menu Plan #96 - April 15, 2017
- Triple Berry Chicken Avocado Salad with a Creamy Lemon Poppyseed Dressing - April 13, 2017