Delicious melt in your mouth beef that cooks right in your slow cooker with veggies and cashews hidden throughout. One of the best meals that you will make in your slow cooker and so much better than takeout!
I am obsessed.
I am obsessed with all things chinese food and cashews. One of my favorite recipes on the blog is this slow cooker cashew chicken. I made it last week and I was reminded of how amazing it is. I decided to make another favorite slow cooker chinese recipe on the blog. But I added cashews. I think everything is better with cashews!
This is the best beef and broccoli recipe that you will make. I promise. Not only is it awesome that it is made in your slow cooker, but it has the best flavor. There is also something about the beef that is cooked all day in the crockpot. It melts in your mouth. That combined with delicious veggies and cashews will blow your mind!
If you make anything from the blog and love beef and broccoli, you have to make this. This recipe is a winner! The sauce is amazing. The beef is amazing. And the veggies are amazing in it. Add some crunchy cashews and you have the perfect meal! I know that your family is going to love this as much as we did!
- 1 lb. boneless, beef chuck roast, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup beef consumme or beef broth
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ⅓ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 cups Frozen Broccoli Florets
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup frozen carrots
- White or brown rice, cooked
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the beef consume, soy sauce, dark brown sugar, sesame oil, and garlic.
- Lay the beef strips in the crockpot and pour the sauce over, tossing the strips to coat.
- Turn the crockpot on low and cook for about 6 hours. You don’t want to cook the beef too long or it will start to shred.
- When it is just about done, take 4 Tbsp of the sauce and whisk it in a small bowl with the cornstarch. Slowly stir this into the crockpot. Add the broccoli, cashews and carrots and stir. Cook an additional 30 minutes so that the sauce can thicken and frozen broccoli and carrots can cook. You don’t want to add the broccoli until the very end or it will be mushy. If you are using fresh broccoli, steam before or add about an hour before it is done cooking to heat through.
- Serve over rice and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from here