Hi! Its Jen stopping by from Carlsbad Cravings and I am so happy be sharing my new Coconut Honey Lime Shrimp with Sriracha Mango Dip with you! Hello delicious!
I love cooking or grilling shrimp because while it is so simple and quick to throw together with a marinade or a simple saute, the results always taste gourmet especially this Coconut Honey Lime Shrimp. This shrimp makes the perfect dinner or appetizer, is easy enough for everyday but impressive enough for company OR my personal favorite – company of one 🙂 (a reality in my house because my husband is allergic – so sad!).
This juicy shrimp is marinated in an intoxicating bath of honey, lime juice, coconut cream, soy sauce, garlic and ginger so every morsel is bursting with coconut honey lime flavor. After you whisk this marinade together, you separate out some of the coconut honey lime goodness and add it to your mango, vanilla yogurt and sriracha (no double measuring, no double work!) and blend to create a luscious, refreshing sweet heat dip that perfectly compliments the tender shrimp.
I could eat this creamy Sriracha Mango Dip with a spoon but its even better enveloping Coconut Honey Lime shrimp! You know what to do…
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ coconut cream from can of coconut milk*
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sriracha/Asian hot red chili sauce
Sriracha Mango Dip
- Reserved Blender Marinade
- 2 mangoes, peeled
- 1-2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (depending on desired “tang")
- 3 tablespoons vanilla yogurt
- 1-3 teaspoon sriracha, more or less to taste
- Fresh lime juice
- Add all the Blender Marinade ingredients to your blender and process until smooth. Measure out ½ cup of Blender Marinade and add to a large freezer bag along with ¼ cup olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add shrimp to bag and massage to evenly coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 -6 hours.
- Meanwhile, to your blender with the remaining Blender Marinade ingredients, add mangoes, apple cider vinegar, vanilla yogurt and Sriracha to taste. Blend until smooth and chill in the refrigerator.
- When you’re ready to grill, drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak for at least 30 minutes in water) .
- Heat grill to medium high heat and grease. Grill shrimp for 3-5 minutes on each side or until shrimp has become pink and firm being careful to not overcook.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and freshly squeezed lime (optional). Serve with Mango dip.
*Total time does not include marinating shrimp as this will vary.
Carlsbad Cravings Original