Let’s be honest. Applebee’s isn’t quite a five star restaurant. It has good food. But I go for one thing. Their blondies.
I fell in love with their blondies ages ago. Like back in high school. Which seems like a long time when you are a mom! I remember asking guys to take me on dates to Applebee’s just for their blondies. Have you tried them? They are AMAZING!
They are served warm out of the oven with a scoop of ice cream melting on top. But we all know what the best part of these blondies are. The warm maple cream sauce.
I could drink this stuff. Ok not really. But it really is the best. They give you a little cup to pour on top of your blondie. And everyone sharing is scraping for the last of the sauce. Well the best part about making these at home is that you can pour all of the sauce your heart desires on top!
This is such a great dessert. Everything about it is perfect. From the soft and chewy warm blondie on top to the amazing sauce poured on top. This has been a favorite of mine for years and I know you will love it too!
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg, beaten,
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract,
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Maple Cream Sauce:
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- chopped walnuts for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x8 inch pan and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl add melted butter, and brown sugar. Mix well. Add egg and vanilla and mix. Gradually add in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- While the brownies are baking, make the maple cream sauce. In a medium saucepan combine syrup and butter. Cook over low heat until butter has melted. Stir in brown sugar. Add cream cheese and continue to heat until melted.
- Cut warm blondies into squares and top with ice cream and warm maple cream sauce. Garnish with chopped walnuts.
Recipe adapted from Carddit
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Weekly Menu Plan #54 - June 25, 2016
- Creamy Parmesan Garlic Mushroom Chicken - June 20, 2016
- Asian Pan Seared Salmon Salad with Honey Sesame Dressing - June 19, 2016