I said in an earlier post that we went camping last weekend with my family. We had such a great time and I was reminded that fall is coming. The changing of the leaves and the cooler temperatures. But let me tell what one of the best parts of the trip was. This Pumpkin Spice Sheet Cake for dessert. Oh.my.gosh.
I have never had a better Pumpkin Cake in my whole entire life. This cake baked so moist and perfectly. I love sheet cakes because they can feed a small army. And they fed my entire family and made an awesome dessert while we were camping. Everyone was raving about this cake. This is the best pumpkin cake you will ever eat. I promise you that! Just when you think it can’t get any better… you taste the cream cheese frosting on top. Perfection.
Pumpkin Spice Sheet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
The best Pumpkin Sheet Cake you will ever make! Feeds a crowd and the cream cheese frosting on the top is amazing!
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can 15 ounces pumpkin
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 2 packages cream cheese 8 ounces, softened
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 15x10x1 inch pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl beat together sugar, pumpkin, oil and eggs until combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and ground cloves. Combine with the pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- Pour into greased pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool completely.
To make the cream cheese frosting:
- Beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until smooth. Add the confectioners sugar and continue beating until smooth. Spread over cooled cake. Cover and refrigerate until serving.