This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Pumpkin spice sheet cake not only tastes amazing but it feeds a crowd! Top it with some tangy cream cheese frosting and you have yourself a dessert to remember!
This cake is so moist and soft! It makes a lot so get ready to have some amazing leftovers. And if you loved this pumpkin spice sheet cake then you should definitely try these Pancakes, Cookies, and these easy Pumpkin Spice Buddies!
Pumpkin Spice Sheet Cake
I’m not kidding when I say that this is a sheet cake that you will remember. I am a lover of all fall recipes but this one takes the cake (pun intended!). Just thinking about this pumpkin spice sheet cake with smooth cream cheese frosting has my mouth-watering. This cake is so moist and soft! The texture of it is fantastic and I like that the slices aren’t thick. It gives me the chance to eat more than one!
I love sheet cakes because they can feed a small army. This makes them a fantastic option to bring to a holiday party or family event. When I bring this one, everyone raves about this cake! That’s because the flavor in this cake has the perfect blend of spices! And not only does this pumpkin spice sheet cake taste delicious but it’s super easy to make! Go ahead and give it a try, I know that you will love it as much as I do!
Ingredients to Make Pumpkin Spice Sheet Cake
I love making sheet cakes because of how easy they are to make! In fact, you probably have all of these ingredients already in your pantry so go ahead and get baking! See the recipe card below for a list of exact measurements.
- Sugar: This is used to give it a sweet flavor!
- Pumpkin puree: Don’t get this confused with pumpkin pie filling! pumpkin puree should be the only ingredient listed on the can!
- Canola oil: If you don’t have canola oil on hand then you can use vegetable oil instead.
- Eggs: I like to use eggs that are at room temperature.
- Flour: I use all purpose flour in this recipe.
- Baking powder: I used this to make the cake fluffy!
- Ground cinnamon: You can’t have a pumpkin recipe without delicious cinnamon flavor!
- Baking soda: This will help your cake to rise.
- Salt: This is used to enhance the flavor of all of the ingredients.
- Ground cloves: These will bring in a deep, earthy flavor.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cream cheese: Soften your cream chees to room temperature before mixing it in.
- Butter: I use unsalted butter in this recipe!
- Vanilla extract: This will add a hint of flavor to the sweet taste.
- Confectioners sugar: If you only have powdered sugar then you can use that instead!
Let’s Bake a Cake!
If you have 30 minutes to spare, then you have enough time to make this pumpkin spice sheet cake! It’s super simple which is a good thing because you’re going to end up making it more than once!
- Prep: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 15x10x1 inch pan and set aside.
- Mix sugar and wet ingredients: In a large bowl beat together sugar, pumpkin, oil and eggs until combined.
- Whisk dry ingredients and combine: In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and ground cloves. Combine with the pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- Pour, bake and cool: Pour into greased pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool completely.
To make the cream cheese frosting
- Beat and spread: Beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until smooth. Then, add the confectioners sugar and continue beating until smooth. Spread over cooled cake. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Variations to Try
Since I know that you are going to love this pumpkin spice sheet cake, I’ve come up with a few ways that you can change things up. That way, you can make this over and over and it can be a little different every time!
- Toppings: I love to add on some toppings to change up the look and taste! Some curled chocolate makes this look elegant! Or top it with some mini chocolate chips, some festive sprinkles, shredded coconut or even some yummy toffee pieces!
- Add-ins: I also like to change things up by adding in a few things to the batter! You can try some chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, sliced almonds or even walnuts!
- Chocolate frosting: If you want, you could top this with chocolate cream cheese frosting instead! It’s an easy recipe and is simple to change up!
How to Store Leftovers
If you have leftovers of this pumpkin spice sheet cake, place it in an airtight container and put it in your fridge. It needs to stay in the refrigerator because of the cream cheese frosting! It will last in your fridge for up to 3 days. Take it out and let it come to room temperature before serving it up!
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Pumpkin Spice Sheet Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 15x10x1 inch pan and set it aside.
- In a large bowl beat together sugar, pumpkin, oil, and eggs until combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and ground cloves. Combine with the pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- Pour into greased pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool completely.
To make the cream cheese frosting:
- Beat the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until smooth. Add the confectioners sugar and continue beating until smooth. Spread over cooled cake. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.