We made these for Family Night. Everyone had so much fun decorating their mummy. I even think my hubby had just as fun as my kids did making these! These are such an easy and fun treat for Halloween! And I love oreo truffles!
Rating: 5 Stars Difficulty of Recipe: 2 stars
Things that I changed: The first batch I used regular oreos. (The Recipe says that you can use both). It makes them too dark. So I used the golden oreos the second time around and they turned out great!
Things that I would do differently next time: Nothing
Will I make this again? Yes
Mummy Cookie Bites
- 1 Package 8 oz. CreamCheese, softened
- 36 finely crushed golden oreo cookies
- 14 oz Bakers white chocolate
- Suggested Decorations: Mini chocolate chips eyes, colored decors
- Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended. Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Freeze for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, melt the Baker's chocolate as directed. DIP balls in melted chocolate; place in single layer on waxed paper-covered rimmed baking sheet. (Re-freeze balls if they become too soft to dip.)
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- MELT remaining chocolate as directed on package; spoon into small resealable plastic bag. Press out excess air from bag; seal bag. Cut 1/8-inch piece from one bottom corner of bag.
- Squeeze bag to pipe chocolate onto each ball for the mummy's eyes; immediately add desired decorations for the eyeballs. Pipe remaining chocolate onto balls to resemble gauze strips.
- Refrigerate until firm.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.