Nothing screams fun, quite like Mummy Hot Dogs for Halloween dinner. Serve these fun little vittles before trick or treating or at your next Halloween party!
Halloween Mummy Hot Dogs
These are super easy to make and even more fun to eat! You will have to make sure you make enough, because these will go fast! But because they were so easy, you can always whip up more in a breeze.
These Mummy dogs are almost too cute to eat! What makes these great is that they are kid friendly to make. Let them help you wrap the hot dogs and put the eyes on. They’ll love it! These mummy dogs will be the hit of the party! They’re easy, quick and a fun finger food for young and old alike.
Crescent Roll Hot Dog Ingredients
Have fun making these hot dog crescent rolls. This dinner is so fun for Halloween and kids will totally approve!
- Crescent Roll Dough: For best results use regular crescent rolls. Reduced fat dough is stickier and makes wrapping the hot dogs difficult.
- Hot Dogs: Use your favorite kind of hot dogs
How to Make Mummy Hot Dogs Recipe
These are so simple to make and come together quickly. Each mummy dog is going to be unique and fun looking!
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside. Open the crescent dough and press seams together. Using a pizza cutter, cut 1/4 strips.
- Create: Wrap each hot dog creating a bandage look leaving gaps and overlapping the dough. Create a crisscross pattern until the entire hot dog is wrapped.
- Bake: Place each mummy dog on the baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes. Using ketchup or mustard you can create little eyes for the mummies.
Halloween Mummy Hot Dog Tips
Create a fun, spooky and even scary mummy hot dog with these tips. Anything you do will be a fun surprise for Halloween!
- Eyes: If you don’t have candy eyes handy you can draw eyes on by adding a a couple of dots of ketchup or mustard to the mummy dogs where the eyes would go.
- Make it Stick: Press dough at perforations to seal.
- Mini: Use little smokies and wrap the same way to make baby mummies.
- Big Guys: Used smoked sausages for bigger beefier ones.
- Cheese: Place a hot dog sized slice on cheese on the back of the hot dog and wrap with the crescent dough.
- Butter: Brush the dough with melted butter before placing in the oven for an even buttery flakey finish.
Spooky Spider Web Sauce
With a little bit of ketchup and mustard you make a fun spooky spider web sauce for dipping. It’s super festive and so easy to prepare. Super easy and the kids love to dip the mummy hot dogs into it!
- Place ketchup in a small bowl.
- With the mustard draw a few circles.
- Use a toothpick to drag out the circles into a web design.
Make Ahead of Time
One of the best parts about this recipe is that you make them ahead of time. Wrap the hot dogs with the dough and then store in an airtight container in the fridge till ready to bake. When ready, pop those mummy hot dogs in the oven.
More Quick and Easy Recipes Made with Crescent Dough
Having a short cut to make your dishes quick and easy is always convenient!
- Hot Ham and Swiss Pinwheels
- Cranberry Pecan Brie Bites
- Pizza Stuffed Crescent Rolls
- Chicken Enchilada Puffs
- Cherry Almond Cream Cheese Breakfast Braid
Mummy Hot Dogs
Nothing screams fun, quite like Mummy Hot Dogs for Halloween dinner. Serve these fun little vittles before trick or treating or at your next Halloween party.
- 1 8 ounce package crescent roll dough
- 8 hot dogs
Wrap each hot dog creating a bandage look leaving gaps and overlapping the dough. Create a criss cross pattern until the entire hot dog is wrapped.
Place each mummy dog on the baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes. Using ketchup or mustard you can create little eyes for the mummies.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.