White Texas Sheet Cake
- 1 cup butter 2 sticks
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups All-Purpose flour
- 2 cups white granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter 1 stick
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 1/2 cups Confectioners' Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- In a medium saucepan, bring butter and water to a boil. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, add flour and sugar. Mix. Then add in eggs, sour cream, almond extract, baking soda and salt. Slowly pour in the boiling butter/water mixture. Stir with a spatula until well combined and smooth. (No need to use an electric mixer!)
- Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees F. for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for about 20 minutes.
- For Frosting: In a large saucepan, combine butter and milk. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat, and then stir in sugar and extract. Stir until smooth and all combined. Spread over warm cake.
- Decorate cake with sprinkles, if desired.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.