My sister in law is always introducing us to new and delicious foods. When she brought these brussel sprouts to the dinner table, I had my doubts.
Brussel sprouts? Ewe.
I decided to put a few on my plate to give them a chance. I took my first bite and my mind was blown. I kept thinking oh my gosh I love brussel sprouts! They ended up being the biggest hit with our entire family that day. We all kept getting seconds and thirds until they were gone.
The flavor of these brussel sprouts are amazing. The maple glaze caramelizes as they cook and the bacon adds a smoky flavor throughout. I love how the edges of the brussel sprouts roast in the oven and get a crisp outside and tender inside.
If you are looking for a delicious side dish that the entire family is going to love then these are a MUST make. Even if you think that you don’t like brussel sprouts you need to give this recipe a chance. It is sure to wow your family at the dinner table. You are going to love them!
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 lbs brussel sprouts, chopped in half
- 1 cup maple syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan add butter and melt. Add the garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes until tender. Add the chopped bacon and cook. Add the brussel sprouts and cook at medium high until they start to soften 1-2 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add ingredients to a 9x13 inch pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with maple syrup. Bake for 30 minutes until the edges start to brown and the inside is tender.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Cheesy Fiesta Chicken and Rice Skillet - August 25, 2016
- Apple Pecan Crisp - August 22, 2016
- One Pan Crispy Parmesan Garlic Chicken with Vegetables - August 21, 2016