Tender and juicy seasoned and pan seared chicken thighs slow cook with a flavorful and light cilantro lime sauce. This meal is packed with flavor and absolutely delicious!
Happy New year! Can you believe how fast 2015 came and went? Have you set some New Year’s Resolutions? I always love a new year and a fresh clean start to make goals for the upcoming year. This year a huge goal of mine is to be better organized and stick to a schedule. Sometimes balancing family life and working on the blog can be tricky. I know that if I can better organize the blog and behind the scenes it will make my family life a whole lot easier. Especially because I love spending all of my free time with my family!
Of course I want to continue with my healthy eating goals and weight loss journey. And I don’t know about you guys but I am totally ready for some SAVORY recipes! I have had just about enough treats from the holidays and I am so excited to get back on track with my better eating habits. So what better way to start than with this easy and full of flavor savory recipe today!
This Creamy Cilantro Lime Chicken is the bomb dot com. It requires just minimal ingredients but is light and packed with flavor. I decided to use boneless and skinless chicken thighs this time around. They were so juicy and tender by the time that they were finished cooking.
Pan searing the chicken with the spices is just one extra step and so worth it. It takes only a few minutes. It seals in the flavor and creates a crisp edge while the inside of the chicken is tender and juicy. You throw it in the slow cooker with just a few ingredients and let is slow cook to perfection!
I served the chicken over rice with the creamy cilantro lime sauce drizzled on top. You guys. The flavor is seriously incredible! It became an instant favorite with the first bite. Especially because I love cilantro! The chicken was amazing and everything about this simple and light dish was incredible!
I know you guys are going to love this one too!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs*
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon cold water
- Heat a skillet to medium high heat and add olive oil. In a shallow bowl combine chili powder, cumin, paprika, and pepper. Rub the seasoning into the chicken on each side. Pan sear in the hot oil until each side is brown. Transfer chicken to slow cooker.
- Add the chicken broth and lime juice and cook on low for 5-6 hours or high 3-4 hours. Right before the chicken is done, carefully remove the chicken and add heavy cream, cilantro, and cornstarch and water and mix well. Add the chicken back to the slow cooker and continue to cook until sauce starts to thicken about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve over rice, or quinoa and garnish with additional fresh cilantro.