Delicious and tender pork cooked in the slow cooker with a honey, lime, soy, garlic, and ginger infused marinade. We loved it so much we had it twice in one week!
One of my favorite things to cook in a slow cooker is pork. There is just nothing better than a pork roast that is slow cooking all day in a delicious marinade. The pork cooks to perfection and is just melt in your mouth tender.
I am always thinking of new flavors and ways to cook the pork in the slow cooker. You can never go wrong with a honey, soy, garlic, and ginger infused marinade. But I love adding lime to the marinade to give it that added tangy flavor. Plus the acididy helps to keep the pork tender as it cooks.
One extra step that I always do before adding the pork to the slow cooker is to pan sear the outside. This only takes a few extra minutes and the result is amazing. It gives the edge a pan seared crust that seals in the flavor and gives the outside a delicious crisp edge.
The pork slow cooks in this delicious and tangy marinade all day and the result is to die for. We loved every single thing about it from the amazing marinade to the pan seared and perfectly tender pork. In fact, we loved it SO much that we had it twice in one week!
If you are looking for a delicious and flavorful meal for your family you are going to love this one. It is quick and easy to throw into the slow cooker and the result is absolutely fantastic! This is one meal that you will want to make again and again!
- 2.5 pounds pork loin
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Honey Lime Ginger Marinade:
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- Juice of one lime
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger or 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- Optional garnish: Fresh lime wedges, chopped cilantro
- In a large skillet heat the oil over medium high heat. Salt and pepper the pork and lay in in the hot oil. Let the pork sear until the outside edge starts to blacken. Place the pork into the bottom of a slow cooker.
- In a small bowl whisk together the honey, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, juice of one lime, garlic cloves, and ginger. Pour the marinade over the pork. Let cook 6-8 hours on low and 4-6 hours on high or until thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Once the pork is finished lay onto a platter and pour the juices in a medium saucepan. Cook the marinade over medium high heat and whisk in the cornstarch. Cook for a few minutes until it starts to thicken. Pour over the pork. Garnish with optional lime wedges and fresh chopped cilantro.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Cheesy Fiesta Chicken and Rice Skillet - August 25, 2016
- Apple Pecan Crisp - August 22, 2016
- One Pan Crispy Parmesan Garlic Chicken with Vegetables - August 21, 2016