A delicious and healthy meal full of quinoa, red pepper, artichokes, spinach, chicken and Greek yogurt. It has such amazing flavors and is a delicious dinner idea!
Hi, it’s Jenn, from Eat Cake For Dinner. How do you guys feel about quinoa? I love it. It’s so good for you and I am trying it in more and more dishes all the time. My Cheesy, Chicken, Broccoli and Quinoa Casserole is one of my family’s favorite meals and I decided that I needed another version to add to the menu. I feel like I am being healthy when I eat this, but it doesn’t taste healthy. It’s thick and creamy and very filling. Sure, it has some shredded cheese in there, but look at everything else, quinoa, red pepper, artichokes, spinach, chicken and Greek yogurt.
There is a little prep involved, but once everything is chopped, the cooking part is super fast. My cute little niece helped me cook this and she kept saying . . . it smells so good.
- ½ c. uncooked quinoa
- 1 Tbl. unsalted butter
- 2 Tbl. all-purpose flour
- ⅓ c. finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 c. roughly chopped artichoke hearts
- 2 c. roughly chopped fresh spinach
- 1¾ c. milk
- ½ tsp. chicken bouillon powder
- ¾ tsp. Italian seasoning
- ¾ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- pepper, to taste
- ¼ c. plain Greek yogurt
- 1½ - 2 c. shredded cooked chicken (rotisserie works great)
- ¾ c. shredded Italian cheese blend
- For Topping:
- ½ c. Panko bread crumbs
- ½ tsp. dried parsley
- ½ tsp. Johnny's Garlic Seasoning (or ¼ tsp. garlic powder)
- butter spray or ½ Tbl. melted butter
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large, oven-safe, skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped bell pepper, artichokes and spinach and cook for a few minutes until spinach is wilted. Stir in the flour and cook for a few minutes, stirring frequently. Gradually whisk in the milk. Add the chicken bouillon powder, Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper and stir until well combined.
- Cook until thickened and creamy, stirring occasionally, then stir in the Greek yogurt, shredded chicken, cooked quinoa and cheese and stir until combined and cheese is melted.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, if needed. Top with Panko bread crumbs, parsley and Johnny's Garlic Seasoning and spray top with butter spray or drizzle with melted butter. Place in the oven and broil for a few minutes or until bread crumbs are toasted. Remove from oven and serve. Serves 3-4.
- Note: If you do not have an oven-safe skillet, you can always pour this into a casserole dish and then top with the bread crumbs and broil for a few minutes.
Check out these other delicious recipes from Eat Cake For Dinner:
Subscribe to the Recipe Critic Blog and get family friendly recipes via e-mail.
Latest posts by Jenn (see all)
- Honeybun Cake - April 7, 2017
- The Best Irish Soda Bread - March 3, 2017
- The BEST Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting - February 3, 2017