Cheesy Fiesta Chicken and Rice Skillet is made in just one skillet and perfect for busy nights! The rice has wonderful flavor and is filled with black beans, corn, and fire roasted tomatoes. Topped with taco seasoned chicken and smothered in melted cheese this meal will be loved by the entire family!
The countdown until school starts has officially begun at our house. Can you even believe how fast the summer flew by? I can’t believe that school is starting next week! It is always a bittersweet time. I love the fun that we have had this summer but I can’t wait to get back to a routine.
The school days are so busy and homework seems to consume our lives during the year. This doesn’t mean that you have to sacrifice on a delicious home cooked meal for the family each night. McCormick just released Organics Recipe Mixes and taco seasoning just always happens to be on hand at our house. They are made with certified organic and non-GMO ingredients. The taco seasoning is key to adding such delicious flavor to this meal.
One pot meals are THEE best. They provide a meal that is big on flavor but so easy to make! And the best part is that it only gets one skillet dirty and makes clean up a breeze. I always feel that it is so important after a busy school day to still bring the family back to the dinner table at night and reconnect over a delicious meal.
My entire family devoured this one skillet meal. The rice is full of such amazing flavor and I loved the added black beans, corn, and fire roasted tomatoes. The taco seasoning was so easy to use and did the job perfectly of adding big flavor to the dish. It doubled as seasoning for the chicken and the rice. It gave the chicken a pan seared edge packed with flavor and the inside was tender and juicy.
Just when you think this easy one skillet meal can’t get any better you top with cheese. The cheese gets nice and melted and is the perfect finishing touch to this delicious meal. I topped it with some olives, fresh cilantro, and avocado. It was incredible.
I know that your family is going to love this meal just as much as we did! It is the perfect meal for a busy school night and it is sure to be a huge hit at the dinner table.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 packet McCormick® Organics Taco Seasoning Mix, divided
- 1 cups long grain rice
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice (I used fire roasted)
- 1 (8.5 once) can corn
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- sliced olives
- 1 avocado
- In a large skillet add the olive oil. Rub the chicken in the 1 Tablespoon Taco Seasoning. Cook over medium high heat until cooked throughout. Remove and set aside on a plate covered in foil.
- Add the rice, chicken broth, black beans, tomatoes, corn and remaining taco seasoning. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover for 20-25 minutes until all of the liquid is absorbed. Add the chicken back to the pan and cover until the chicken is heated thought to 165 degrees.
- Top with cheddar cheese and heat until melted. (You can also broil for a minute.) Top with optional toppings.
This post was sponsored by McCormick®. I love working with brands that I am passionate about and use in the kitchen for myself. All opinions expressed are my own.