Slow Cooker Italian Chicken and Potatoes is such an easy meal to make but packed with such amazing flavor! The entire family will love this hearty meal in one.
Hey hey it’s Tiffany from Creme de la Crumb! It’s no secret I’m a little bit obsessed with my slow cooker – or I should say slow cookers because I think I have five of them??? I just got a new one for Christmas and I’m so excited about it, I use my slow cookers several times a week and when we are having a family get together I usually have a few in use at the same time.
This is a great go-to weeknight staple dish. I love the flavors, it’s really healthy, and I never get tired of chicken or potatoes. The best part? It’s chicken AND potatoes made in one dish at the same time. It’s awesome! Even picky eaters are a fan of this simple crockpot meal. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 4-6 chicken thighs
- 3 cups chopped potatoes (about 1½ inch pieces)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste,
- fresh herbs for garnish (optional)
- In a large bowl combine chicken and potatoes. Drizzle with oil and stir to coat. Sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning over the chicken and potatoes, then toss to coat well.
- Transfer to slow cooker (OR optional step: cook chicken and potatoes in a large skillet/pan over medium high heat for 2-3 minute to brown before transferring to slow cooker to cook all the way through), cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are fork tender.
- Garnish with fresh herbs like oregano and thyme (optional) and serve hot.