Healthy Lemon Parmesan Sardine Pasta is a 20-minute easy dinner! Healthy lemon parmesan spaghetti noodles with onion, capers, Panko, and sardines.
I love the beginning of a New Year! It is time to reflect on the previous year and set fresh goals that we want to achieve. I don’t know about you guys but I can’t wait to set new healthy eating habits after all of the holiday goodies. I especially love creating recipes that are healthy but full of delicious flavor. You don’t have to sacrifice on taste to maintain a healthy lifestyle throughout the year.
Did you know that according to the 2016 dietary guidelines we should be eating 2-3 servings of seafood a week to improve overall health?? This year Chicken of the Sea is helping us to achieve our New Year’s Resolutions by inspiring and encouraging us to eat more seafood in 2017!
I love seafood. But did you know that I used to hate all seafood!? It was when I became an adult that I knew that it had to become apart of my diet and healthy life style. So I slowly would start adding it to delicious meals like this one. I would add it to recipes and even my kids developed a taste for it as well. Half of the time they wouldn’t even know that I was sneaking it into the meals that we were eating. But I knew that it was important for them to get all of the health benefits of seafood. Chicken of the Sea has a portfolio of sustainable seafood products that are so convenient and delicious, it makes it easy to get in your 2-3 servings every week!
Sardines were the perfect additive to this meal. It is just so easy to pop open the can and toss it in a recipe. You are getting SO many health benefits and adding protein and Omega 3’s into a delicious pasta dish. The great thing about this dish is it is perfect for those busy nights and is ready in just 20 minutes! The lemon parmesan flavor gets tossed with some spaghetti and you simply add sardines. The sardines add a dense and rich flavor to the pasta.
This recipe is so simple but packed with so much incredible flavor. It is healthy and ready in no time at all so that it can keep you on track throughout the year! And you already get one of your servings of seafood in for the week in a delicious meal. Your family will love it and it will become a new favorite that you will want to make again and again!
From January 9- March 15, fans can Enter the Go Fish! #Eatmoreseafood contest on via digital form or on Chicken of the Sea’s Website or Facebook Page or use the hashtag #Eatmoreseafood on twitter or instagram.
- 10 weekly winners will be chosen from their comments of shared tips, recipes, facts, inspiration, and be featured in their final deck of cards.
- Each weekly winner will receive a $100 VISA gift card and Chicken of the Sea Eat More Seafood resource deck of cards.
- The grand prize winner will win Chicken of the Sea Seafood for a year!!
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound thin spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, separated
- ½ cup Panko
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1-2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 cans Chicken of the Sea Sardines in Water
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- ⅓ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add some salt. Cook the spaghetti according to package directions until just tender. Drain and reserve some of the cooking liquid.
- Bring another skillet to medium heat and add 2 tablespoons olive oil in the skillet.
- When the oil is hot, add in the Panko and stir frequently until golden and fragrant (3-4 minutes). Remove to a plate.
- Add the last 2 tablespoons of oil to the pan and add the chopped onion. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and stir until softened.
- Turn the heat on the onions to medium high and add in the zest of 1 lemon, juice of 1 lemon, capers, and thoroughly drained sardines.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through. (About 2 minutes)
- Add the drained pasta to the sardine mixture and toss well to combine. Add ½ cup chopped parsley and some of the reserved pasta cooking water (if needed) to moisten. Stir in the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Garnish individual plates with a wedge of lemon and more parsley if desired.
I am an official ambassador for Chicken of the Sea. Chicken of the Sea provided me with Sardines for this post as well as compensation for my time. All opinions expressed are my own. Thank you for continuing to support brands that I love!
Subscribe to the Recipe Critic Blog and get family friendly recipes via e-mail.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Korean Ground Beef and Rice Bowls - April 18, 2017
- Weekly Menu Plan #96 - April 15, 2017
- Triple Berry Chicken Avocado Salad with a Creamy Lemon Poppyseed Dressing - April 13, 2017