Because we are grilling so much in the summer I am always on the hunt for delicious sides. I was given an awesome Weber Grilling Cookbook. It has so many yummy ideas and also gives great tips for the grill. We love grilled potatoes as a side and usually cook them in foil. I spotted this recipe in the cookbook and it looked like a great idea that my family would love. It just used olive oil, salt and pepper in the cookbook. I wanted to add our favorite flavor to these and they turned out amazing!
This side was really easy to put together. It didn’t take that long for the potatoes to cook on the grill. I loved these because the grill gave the outside of the potatoes a smoky delicious flavor and the inside was so tender. We were each able to have an individual serving. The entire family loved these! My little boy asked if we could have these every time. With how easy and flavorful they were, we just might have to. 🙂
- 6 Russet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into ½ inch planks
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Finely Chopped Italian Parsley for garnish
- Preheat and prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, combine parmesan, garlic salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Brush olive oil on each side of the potatoes. Dip in the parmesan garlic mixture on each side.
- Grill each side for 5-6 minutes or until tender when fork is pierced. If some look like they are cooking faster, move them to a cooler part on the grill.