My hubby and I recently had a date night and we went to Brio. Brio is one of my favorite places to go and eat. They have amazing salads and I love their Bacon Carbonara. We both love bruschetta so we ordered the bruschetta appetizer sampler. They had so many amazing different kinds to sample. This creamy feta and bacon one was our favorite and I had to come home and make it immediately!
The creamy feta is the best part. Feta is one of my favorite kinds of cheese. And made into a creamy spread it was incredible. This appetizer has so many flavors in each and every bite. The tomatoes, bacon, and basil topped the creamy feta perfectly. They turned out just like I had remembered at Brio and were a huge crowd pleaser!
- 6 ounces crumbled feta
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 Tablespoons fresh basil, julienned
- 1 baguette, cut into ¼ inch diagonal slices, toasted
- In a food processor combine crumbled feta, cream cheese, olive oil, minced garlic and salt and pepper to taste. Pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Spread creamy feta on top of each toasted baguette slice. Top with grape tomatoes, bacon, and basil.