A delicious moist and tender chocolate cake layered with a mint chocolate chip buttercream and topped with a mint chocolate ganache. This is a wonderful cake and perfect for the holidays!
How is your holiday baking coming along? This is a busy time of the year but I love all of the baking that is involved. My kitchen looks like a cookie bomb went off and I have been baking up a storm lately. I especially like mint this time of the year and mint chocolate chip is one of my favorite flavor combinations.
I was pretty excited to see Pillsbury’s new cake mix Purely Simple. This new purely simple cake mix has no added colors, preservatives, or artificial flavors. The cake is easy to make and absolutely delicious!
It was easy to turn this cake into something delicious to share for the holidays. The cake came out perfectly and was so moist and tender. As soon as it had cooled, I made a mint chocolate chip buttercream to frost on top of the cake. But I wanted to take it one step further and top it off with a mint chocolate ganache. Perfection!
This cake was such a huge hit with my family. It was nice knowing that there weren’t any additives in the cake mix and it was perfectly moist and delicious. I know that it will be a big hit with your family as well!
- 1 package Pillsbury® Purely Simple Chocolate Cake Mix
- Mint Chocolate Chip Buttercream:
- ¾ cup butter
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 drops green food coloring
- ½ cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- Mint Chocolate Ganache:
- 1½ cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions in a 9x13 inch pan. Let cake completely cool before frosting.
- To make the mint chocolate chip buttercream: Beat together the butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Add milk, peppermint extract, and food coloring. Fold in chocolate chips. Frost on top of cake.
- To make the mint chocolate ganache: In a microwave safe bowl melt butter and chocolate chips 30 seconds at a time and stir until smooth. Add in peppermint extract. Frost on top of the mint chocolate chip buttercream.
* I was compensated for my time creating this post as a brand ambassador for Pillsbury. All opinions expressed in this post are my own.