A sweet teriyaki sauce infused with pineapple and ginger bringing such an amazing marinade for this chicken! A quick 30 minute meal that you will make again and again!
I can always count on my picky 8 year old to eat Teriyaki Chicken. So we have it quite frequently at our house. This slow cooker teriyaki chicken has been happening almost on a weekly basis here. We have a favorite store bought teriyaki sauce at our local market. It is a sweet island teriyaki sauce. And it is SO good! It has a sweet pineapple ginger flavor to it and it is thick and marinades the chicken perfectly. So I thought why not make it myself at home?
After testing a couple of batches I was able to perfect it. I made a last minute decision to put in crushed pineapple instead of juice. This thickened it up giving the sauce a delicious texture!
The sauce is sweet and tangy and absolutely amazing! It was able to thicken up just how we love it and coated the chicken perfectly! Do you want to know the best part of this meal? It is quick and easy and ready in just 30 minutes!
This meal was of course a HUGE hit at our house. You guys are going to love the flavor of the marinade. So many delicious flavors come together in this sauce and you don’t have to buy it from a store! You can make it right at home and have a delicious meal for your family!
- 1 pound Chicken Breasts (about 3-4 smaller sized)*
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- Sweet Island Teriyaki Sauce:
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup crushed pineapple
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger spice
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Optional toppings: green onions, pineapple chunks, sesame seeds
- In a medium sized skillet heat the oil over medium high heat. Salt and pepper the chicken and add them to the skillet. Cook on each side until lightly brown and cooked throughout (165 degrees). Remove the chicken and set aside on a plate.
- Add the soy sauce, brown sugar, crushed pineapple, garlic, ginger, onion powder, pepper, sesame seeds and cornstarch and whisk. Cook over medium high heat for about 3-4 minutes until it starts to thicken. Add the chicken back to the skillet and coat in the marinade. Serve over rice and top with optional toppings.