Garlic Ranch Smashed Potatoes are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside with the most incredible garlic ranch flavor! These make the perfect side dish or appetizer.
Whoa. Where have smashed potatoes been all of my life? I have been wanting to make smashed potatoes for a long time now and I am kicking myself for not making them any sooner! My family could not eat these smashed potatoes fast enough. The flavor of these potatoes is unreal.
Garlic Ranch. Isn’t that such an amazing flavor combination? I recently discovered Hidden Valley Original Ranch® Seasoning & Salad Dressing Mix shaker at Walmart and it is awesome! We use the dry seasoning ranch in so many recipes and my kids go crazy over the ranch flavor. The shaker makes it so convenient and it is pantry friendly ready to transform any dish with awesome flavor. Ranch isn’t just for dipping or dressing, it can become the star ingredient in the recipe that you create!
These smashed potatoes are simple to make. You mix the dry ranch seasoning with butter and garlic and slather it on top of the smashed potatoes. You bake them in the oven until they are nice and crispy. They come out so crispy on the outside and tender on the inside and you will not believe the flavor. The ranch flavor was perfect with these potatoes. My son said that these are the best potatoes I have ever made!
How long do you boil potatoes with the skin on?
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and fill with water and bring to a boil.
- Begin checking the potatoes after 5 minutes. Most potatoes are done in 10-20 minutes.
- Potatoes are done with tender all the way through. You can test by poking with a fork.
As soon as you have boiled the potatoes until fork tender, you smash them with a potato masher. You melt the butter and whisk with the garlic and ranch and spread on top of the potatoes. You bake them until they are nice and crispy and garnish them with parsley.
These potatoes are so easy to make and delicious. We loved the crispy skin and tender inside. And the garlic ranch flavor is unreal! You guys are going to love having the convenience of these Hidden Valley® Ranch shakers right inside your pantry. They add such incredible flavor to any recipe that you create!
Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning & Salad Dressing Mix shaker can be found
in the dressing aisle at Walmart! Check out the Walmart website here for more amazing ranch recipes!
- 2 pounds yellow baby potatoes
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tablespoons Hidden Valley® Original Ranch Seasoning & Salad Dressing Mix shaker
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large pot, add the potatoes and fill with water and bring to a boil. Check the potatoes after 5 minutes with a fork. Potatoes should take 10-20 minutes to cook until tender. Drain.
- Line potatoes on the baking sheet. Carefully smash with a potato smasher.
- In a small bowl whisk together the melted butter, garlic, and dry ranch mix. Spread on top of the potatoes.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until brown and crispy. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hidden Valley®. The opinions and text are all mine.