This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Hey everyone!! Chelsea back from Chelsea’s Messy Apron.
Who is ready for one heck of a snack bar?! My family goes crazy over granola bars, but they aren’t always the cheapest treat to buy – the good ones at least. Especially when the whole box is gone in about one hour.
So I’ve started making my own and I like them even better! Plus you can completely control what ingredients go into yours and make small changes based on what you do or don’t like.
We are crazy about almonds, but if you like peanuts or cashews better, then either one works in this recipe!
Hope you all enjoy these 🙂
More snack ideas from Chelsea’s Messy Apron:
Flourless Greek Yogurt Banana Oat Muffins
Healthy Flourless Almond Apple Muffins
Skinny Peanut Butter, Chocolate, and Banana Muffins
Flourless Pumpkin Chocolate-Chip Muffins
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Almond Granola Bars
- Line an 8-inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, almonds (coarsely chop these if desired), rice krispies, oat flour, and salt. Add cinnamon if desired.
- In another bowl, mix together the honey, vanilla, and almond butter until well combined.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients until the mixture is well combined. If the mixture seems too wet, add in a few more oats as it needs to be drier for firmer bars.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan and pack down the mixture well. Really pack it down as this is what will hold the bars together. I use the bottom of a cup to press mine down.
- Cover and place in the fridge overnight.
- Remove from the pan and slice with a very sharp knife. Keep the bars wrapped individually in the fridge.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.