Hey hey foodies, it’s meeeeeeeee Tiffany from Creme de la Crumb. And I think it’s time to level with each other…. how are your new years eating goals comin’? Honestly mine have been pretty spot-on and I’m proud to say I’ve been successfully integrating LOTS of vegetables and salads into my diet. A+
Today I’ve got my newest favorite salad to share with you. It’s a crunchy Asian kale salad with peppers, cabbage, carrots, and tossed with a creamy peanut ginger dressing. Doesn’t that
sound look heavenly?? Be sure to toss lots of almonds on top – they’re the best part! No wait the dressing is the best part. Wait! The kale.
I dunno, it’s all good. 🙂
- 6 cups chopped kale
- 1 cup shredded carrots (carrot matchsticks)
- 1 red or yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- ⅓ up roughly chopped cilantro
- ⅓ cup almond slivers or shaved almonds
- optional: sesame seeds
- 6 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime (for more tang, add an extra half lime)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- ¼ cup sugar (or honey)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together until smooth. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Add chopped cale, peppers, cabbage, cilantro and carrots to a large bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat. Top with almonds and sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired.
Recipe adapted from Once Upon A Chef