Hey hey foodies, it’s meeeeeeeee Tiffany from Creme de la Crumb. And I think it’s time to level with each other…. how are your new years eating goals comin’? Honestly mine have been pretty spot-on and I’m proud to say I’ve been successfully integrating LOTS of vegetables and salads into my diet. A+
Today I’ve got my newest favorite salad to share with you. It’s a crunchy Asian kale salad with peppers, cabbage, carrots, and tossed with a creamy peanut ginger dressing. Doesn’t that
sound look heavenly?? Be sure to toss lots of almonds on top – they’re the best part! No wait the dressing is the best part. Wait! The kale.
I dunno, it’s all good. 🙂
Recipe adapted from Once Upon A Chef
Asian Kale Ginger Peanut Salad
- 6 cups kale chopped
- 1 cup carrots shredded, carrot matchsticks
- 1 red or yellow pepper thinly sliced
- 1 cup red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1/3 cilantro roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup almond slivers or shaved almonds
- optional: sesame seeds
- 6 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime for more tang, add an extra half lime
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar or honey
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together until smooth. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Add chopped cale, peppers, cabbage, cilantro and carrots to a large bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat. Top with almonds and sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.