Bacon Guacamole is so easy to make and takes your guac to the next level with bacon. You will never want to make it without bacon again!
I always count down the days for school to be out and summer to be here. But it seems that we are just as busy in the summer. Between scout camps, reunions, vacations, and soaking up the sun, this is a crazy time of year! We have so many potlucks and gatherings and I usually have to make up something that is quick and delicious. This is why guacamole is always a summer staple. And it just got taken to the next level with bacon.
Our family is picky when it comes to good bacon and that is why we trust Smithfield to deliver a high quality and delicious bacon every single time. We all know that everything is better with bacon, but guacamole with bacon is life changing!
My favorite way to prepare bacon is to bake it! I can make an entire pan of perfectly cooked and crispy bacon in just 15 minutes. I throw it in the oven while I am preparing the recipe or making a delicious breakfast for my family.
How do you bake bacon in the oven?
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and line the bacon in a single layer. Bake for 15-20 minutes but start checking at 12 to get to the desired doneness. Once it is finished, transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel.
How do I make bacon guacamole?
- In a medium sized bowl add your chopped avocado, tomato, red onion, chopped cilantro and bacon. Mix together until incorporated. I like to mash the avocado a bit with the fork as I mix to make it have less chunks.
- Add in garlic powder, paprika, juice of one lime, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve with chips.
This bacon guacamole will be gone almost as fast as you make it. You are going to love the hidden bacon in each and every bite. It really adds such amazing flavor to this guacamole and I promise that you will never make it without bacon again. It is the perfect quick and easy side to take to a backyard BBQ or potluck and wil be a huge hit wherever it goes!
Visit smithfield.com/summerguide for more summer entertaining tips and tricks and delicious
recipes to help you soak in the summer sun with friends and family.
Available in a wide variety of flavors and cuts, like Cherrywood, Thick Cut and the classic
Hometown Original, Smithfield’s bacon is known for being smoked and cured to perfection.
- 3 ripe avocados chopped
- 5 strips Smithfield Bacon cut into ½ inch pieces (I used Cherrywood)
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- juice of one lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium size bowl add the avocado, bacon, red onion, tomato, and cilantro. Mix together and mash with a fork to get to desired consistency. Add in garlic powder, paprika, juice of one lime and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or seal tightly with plastic wrap and serve within 24 hours.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
This post was sponsored by Smithfield. I love to work with brands that I use in the kitchen for myself. All opinions expressed are my own.
Where do I get the nutritional information?
I like to use skinnytaste.com or myfitnesspal.com for any nutritional questions that I may have. Hope you can benefit from one of those sites. Thanks so much for following along with me! XOXO