Hi, it’s Jenn, from Eat Cake For Dinner!! How’s the weather in your neck of the woods? It’s been pretty chilly here in Utah which means all I want is warm comfort food. This baked spaghetti is some seriously delicious comfort food.
It’s super tasty and I love it so much that I think about it all the time . . . ha ha.
This comes together so quick that it can easily be a weeknight dish. You can even make this ahead of time and reheat it later. It’s great on day one and it’s just as good on day two.
All you do is brown some meat, make an easy cream sauce and then stir it all together with a lot of cheese and some cooked spaghetti noodles and bake. The sauce is so flavorful and super creamy and anything loaded with this much cheese has got to be good, right!!
This will easily become one of your family’s favorite dishes.
You might also like these delicious recipes from: Eat Cake For Dinner
Baked Tex-Mex Spaghetti
- 3/4 Lb. ground turkey or lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2 can tomato sauce 8 oz.
- 1 can diced tomatoes and green chiles 10 oz., undrained
- 1 package Cheddar cheese 8 oz., grated
- 1 package Pepper Jack cheese 8 oz., grated
- 2 tablespoon cilantro fresh chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package angel hair pasta 16 oz
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente; drain and set aside. Meanwhile, brown ground turkey or beef in a large skillet over medium heat. When meat is almost cooked through, add the onion and saute until tender and meat is cooked through.
- Remove meat from the skillet and set aside. To the same skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Gradually whisk in the flour until a paste forms and cook for 2 minutes, whisking frequently. Slowly whisk in the milk until thickened. Add the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture is thick and creamy. Stir in the meat mixture, grated Cheddar cheese, 1 cup of the Pepper Jack cheese, chopped cilantro, cumin, chili powder and salt. In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta and sauce mixture and stir until all pasta is evenly coated with sauce.
- Pour into prepared casserole dish, cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and top with remaining Pepper Jack cheese and return to oven, uncovered, for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Let stand a few minutes before serving, then slice and garnish with desired toppings (olives, chopped cilantro, diced tomatoes, sliced green onions).
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Loved it!! I followed the recipe exactly and it turned out great!
Yummy!!!!! I think my kids will love this. I am excited for a new version of spaghetti.
Mmm, this looks completely comforting and cheesy.