You know that recipe that your aunt brings to a get together and everyone can’t get enough of them and asks for the recipe? Ya this is that recipe. I don’t know what it is about these cookies that makes them so delicious. Could it be that they are so soft and have the perfect balance of bananas and walnuts baked into them? Or the fact that they have cream cheese frosting on top? I think both! This is another great recipe to use up those over-ripe bananas and these are guaranteed to be a hit!
Rating: 5 stars Difficulty of Recipe: 2 stars
Things that I changed: I cut the recipe in half.
Things that I would do differently next time: Nothing
Will I make it again? Yes!
Recipe From: Aunt Sandra 🙂
Banana he-man cookies
- 1 cup shortening I used butter flavored shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup nuts opt
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 4 ounces unsalted butter softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream the shortening, sugar, and eggs. Stir in the banana. Add the buttermilk and vanilla. Measure the flour, baking soda, and salt. Blend together and then add to the creamed mixture. Add nuts if desired. Drop by rounded tablespoon 2 inches apart on baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Frost with cream cheese frosting
Directions Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer. With the mixer on low speed, add the powdered sugar a cup at a time until smooth and creamy. Beat in the vanilla.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.