A delicious banana poppy seed muffin that bakes perfectly moist. The orange glaze adds such a unique and delicious glaze on the top and will become a new favorite!
Hi, it’s Jenn, from Eat Cake For Dinner. Happy March!! Spring is only a week and a half away and good thing, because one taste of these muffins will have you ready for warmer weather. You can never have too many banana recipes on hand, am I right? These muffins are so unique and extremely delicious.
The combo of the orange and banana reminds me of a warm Spring or Summer Day. It’s like the bright refreshing flavors of a smoothie inside a muffin. Even with a whole cup of mashed bananas, the banana flavor does not overpower these muffins. They are really really delicious and a new favorite. They bake up with a pretty dome on top and are completely impossible to resist, especially with the orange citrus glaze on top.
slightly adapted from: Secret Recipes
You might also like these delicious recipes from: Eat Cake For Dinner
Stay Connected with Eat Cake For Dinner
Banana Poppy Seed Muffins with Orange Glaze
A delicious banana muffin full of citrus flavor and topped with an orange citrus glaze.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tbl poppy seeds
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas around 2 large
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 tsp. freshly grated orange zest about the zest of 1 orange
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbl fresh orange juice plus more, if needed
- 1 tsp. freshly grated orange zest about the zest of 1/2 an orange
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners and spray with cooking spray; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, poppy seeds, baking powder and salt; set aside. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the mashed bananas, egg, sugar, oil, orange zest and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir together until just combined.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full with batter. Bake for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Makes 12 muffins. Cool slightly and drizzle with orange glaze.
For the Orange Glaze:
Whisk together all ingredients until smooth and creamy. If mixture is too thick, add a little more orange juice. Drizzle over muffins.